1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How good are you at guitar?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SpectorBass308, Feb 27, 2008.

1. I have a feeling that many of you bass players also play a little geetar now and then since they always seem to be laying around. So, are you any good at it? Im okay, I can atleast make something think at first impression that I am a decent guitarist. :bag:

2. No but I'd like to be I bought myself a Jackson Dinky (DK2M) with Duncan's and I got it new for $275.00 from GC, thanks to Jackson discontinuing this model in black! prob the one time I will walk out with gear for more than half of what its worth! Anyways yes I want to learn geeetar.

3. Unfortunatly im probably better on guitar than bass. Its just an easier instrument to play!

Got a nice cheapy acoustic today, woo!

4. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Before I was forced to quit I thought I was OK. Then the first woman fainted after witnessing my apparently majestic and angelic stylings. At that point I though, "Well, that's kind of weird," but it just kept happening more and more everywhere I went.

Soon I didn't even have to be playing the guitar for women to begin to swoon uncontrollably. All I had to do was tell them I played the guitar and flex a little...and all of the sudden I'd be running for my life from thirty or forty screaming chicks throwing their bras and panties at me as I tried not to trip over their friends who had already passed out on the floor from the sheer excitement of being so close to my nimble fingers.

As you might expect, eventually it became dangerous for me to even leave the house without being molested and I had to give up playing guitar altogether after my town's mayor convinced me that the hundreds of adoring admirers camping in front of my house were a public safety issue.

5. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    Wow!

:D

6. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    im pretty decent at both, given my age and how long ive been playing. (excuses excuses)

7. lawsonman

lawsonman

Dec 19, 2005
    NW IL
    I'm not a good Lead player but I can hold my own on rythym

8. I'm pretty bad. I like it, though, but if I ever want to take it up properly, I'm going to need lessons.

9. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    can't play a 6 string (g-tr that is) to save my life!!!:bassist:

(just being honest here!)

10. Bar-chord rhythm player, at best.

11. Pretty good apparently. I'm playing all the lead guitar parts on the CD we are currently recording.

12. adequate

13. Chipsonfire

Chipsonfire

Jul 20, 2007
    Socorro, NM
    Never really play, but I like to practice on my friend's every once in a while.
    (translation: not very good)

14. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    I suck so much. :D

15. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    I'm neck and neck with Nigel Tufnel.:bassist:

16. i have studied some classical guitar. cant play the steel string with the pick much its just too uncomfortable to me

17. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Started on guitar, switched to bass 13 years ago and never looked back. Just recently I started playing guitar again, and I'm currently playing guitar in two bands, and bass in my main, 5-year old band.

I guess you never forget how to play, and my chops came back fast. I used to think that I never reached the same level on bass than on guitar, and thought I was still better on guitar, but I now think I'm equally competent on both.

And at the end, I much rather play bass than gui****. . . I'm obsessed with playing bass (and basses) whereas I see guitars as just a tool. I have been through 50+ basses over the last 10 years - I've had the same guitar two guitars for the last 23 years. . . funny.

18. I started on acoustic guitar, but played it like a bass ;) I´m decent , I can play rithym and some simple lead parts. I wan´t to get a baritone guitar. those seem like fun instruments.

19. basslyon

basslyon

Jun 24, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Non fosters drinking alcoholic.
    +1

as a rhythm player i outplay most of my gui**** friends (with 1 or 2 noteable exceptions)

20. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    I think I'm a decent rhythm guitarist. I just don't play that much guitar anymore...