Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how good is a Digitech BP200?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by give4, Jan 28, 2003.

1. give4

give4

Jan 26, 2003
    el salvador
    i was lookin for an effect and i found this one, havent buy it yet, cause i want to know how good is it. Maybe someone that own one can tell me something.
    hope you can help me.

2. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I had one and got rid of it.....it was a tone sucker!

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Get a Korg AX-1 B instead, you'll thank me.
    Musican's Friend sells a stock of them for 90 $.

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I have one, and I'm happy with it so long as I use the effects in moderation. The factory presets suck. It seems to be much better built than the competition - it has a cast metal case.

5. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    Very good, in my opinion. Separate pedals might produce a better tone, but the main effects (chorus, equalization, compression) work very well.

6. rygelxvi

rygelxvi

Jan 6, 2003
    A Boss GT6B is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better but more expensive. If your just looking for a practice thing to mess with get a pandora.

7. I love my BP i use it on every thing i play (EQ mainly) but there are some crazy sounds you can make which can be good if your playing something boring or something to mess around with. The presets suck badly.

8. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    This is not a pedal for noobs. The presets suck, so if you are not familiar with studio effects, I'd go with something else.

Overall, the BP-200 is a very good bargain. It has sound quality that is not duplicated by any other pedal in that price range. I use mine all the time, and I don't go cheap on equipment.

Here are the effects that it does well:
    Distortion/Fuzz, Vibro, Compression, Crunch, Detune, Wah, Equalizing, Reverb, Phase, RockWah, Strings, punch, and more

Some that DigiTech may have done a better job:
    Chorus, Synth, Whammy, You have to program your own OverDrive, tuner, no drums, Growl (note: you don't need growl with certain types of pickups.

It's a good buy!

9. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I had one...they're great! But I took it back for two reasons...

1.) My new amp sounds much better on it's own

2.) I found with my old amp I was depending on it too much to shape my tone...wanted to get out of that rut!

It's a great toy, but if you don't need it, then don't get it unless you have a lot of discipline...
    :D