Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How good is an ESP?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nirvana4ever, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Nirvana4ever

Nirvana4ever

Aug 2, 2005
    Okay, I am not planning on getting one very soon, but I was thinking for my next bass, I might get an ESP F255 5 string. They look awesome, but looks aren't everything. I've heard that the quality isn't so good, but I'm not sure if this is true. Does anyone know how good an ESP is? Thanks.

This is it: http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--ESPF255

2. joeyhimself

joeyhimself

Jul 17, 2005
    Any particular model? "An" ESP is kind of vague.

And the search tool helps too.

3. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I have a C-304 and I love it. In fact, every ESP LTD I have played has been great. I have no experience with the F-255, but I would be willing to bet that you would be pleased. There was a thread, however, a little while ago about a bad batch of bridges that were bending from the string tension. I think it was an isolated incident, though. That said, I haven't had the slightest problem with my C-304 in the five years that we have shared together. Good luck.

Oh yeah joey, if you had read the only post in this thread prior to yours, you would have seen the model in question. :eyebrow:

4. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    NET
    ESPs are not so hot looking IMO, especially not the Ltd's, but the build quality is uniformly excellent. Go for it.

5. Trevor.A

Trevor.A

Jan 2, 2005
    Lubbock, TX
    I've had a B205FM for 2 years and it's great, not one problem and it sounds great
    looks great too :)

6. A friend of mine has the Tom Araya (from Slayer) signature model, I love it. If you're into metal, it looks and sounds perfect. I've played other models too, not sure which ones, but I can't think of a single complaint.

7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    i played an ESP LTD that was a p/j... i loved it.

8. The Eristic

The Eristic Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Cartersville, GA
    I'd really like one of their non-LTD 5-string Jazz-styles. Excellent quality.

9. This one is just sexy, And I think I want one to back up my Thunderbird. And its only $700.

[​IMG]

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    It's an okay bass, but filling out your profile would really help us tell you whether we would suggest it for use by yourself. Frankly, I never liked the things, no ESP LTD has ever floated my boat without spending about $700. I've always found the hardware to be flimsy, the electronics to be poorly wired... good for the money perhaps, but not what I would pay for.

11. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I have the F205 and love it. Great bass for what I do. The F255 is nice too, though there were some complaints about weak bridges a while back. I still don't think there is a better bass in the $500-700 range.