Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How good is the MIJ Fender 75 Jazz Reissue?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gareth, Apr 26, 2003.

1. gareth

gareth

Jun 9, 2002
    UK
    Seen one of these for sale for about $600 with hard case - its about 4 years old.

Are they any good and is this the right price - they seem to sell them new at Ishibishi (?) for about 70000 yen.

Any views?

2. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    i am a fan of japan made fenders(and knock offs as well)i believe they do a superior job w/quality control,something that MIA OR MEX facories can take some lessons from,it seems that the japanese take a bit more pride in the craftsmanship and actual quality of their basses something other factories overlook(some more than others):bassist:

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    As Geezer said, they're really nice basses. In my extensive collection of Jazz basses the only Fender I have is a MIJ Geddy Lee signature (75 RI-ish). $600 seems like a good price but I believe I'v seen them for cheaper. But if it's a bass you can play before you pay, it might not be too bad. Also, I'm not too sure of the Japanese exchance rate. Sorry.

4. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    MIJ basses are very well made,some people complain about the electronics. I own three. I also own a MIA 75 R.I. special Edition that is flawless. It also has a diferent tone than the Geddy or the marcus Miller (in passive mode). That is not a bad price for that bass, Like said above they can be found cheaper.