How Good Is Your Cover Band Promo Video?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Altitude, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    This new one we just shot is good, but felt strange at first.

When you have a complete 3-set night arranged with click and backup/redundant tracks, you can take video for a promo and dub it against the redundant tracks much more quickly than mixing down the live audio. And, for purposes of a promo, with arguably better results.

It's still weird to see my fingers move and no notes coming out. I remember this gig; it was a fun one.

Personally I would much rather see this as a live video of the band, but a) I see promos for cover bands all the time like this and b) I can see how this is more useful.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    jerry and DGilpatrick like this.
  2. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    I think it's great. It shows a real performance and a dance floor full of happy, thirsty folks. The only thing that might be missing is a third handheld camera to break up some of the other long static shots.

I'm a hired gun, but all of the bands I play with have similar high-quality promo videos.

3. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    Thanks. Come to it, I rememver seeing a third camera pointing at stage left. None of the footage made it to the video; I wonder if it wasn't working.

A mobile cam is a great suggestion.

4. biguglyman

biguglyman

Jul 27, 2017
    Pownal, ME
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Altitude and DGilpatrick like this.