how good is?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bass man evan, Dec 14, 2005.

1. bass man evan

bass man evan

Dec 10, 2005
    ok i hear keybored amps r perfect sound for bass amps

johnson 100 watt. amp

how good would that be on either my fender p basss, with ahurricane neck into a tuner pedal???

or just my any other bass guiatrs like any ibaniz or anything going though it

(just for a practis amp)

cuz our guiatrest uses a crate 120 watt. amp for practises and small gigs likeacoffe house, ro any bars or anything.

and we use a pa for the mic, but i need to be hered

help me out
  2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    1. You'll actually get more looks and responses if you put the subject matter of your question in the thread topic header.

2. Keyboard amps are fine for bass general. They tend to be very clean and handle the low notes well, but most don't have the bells and whistles that get the "grind" for bass that some desire, since that's not what they're designed for.

3. 100 watts for bass is NOT going to get you heard over drums or a guitarist running 120 watts if he has it turned up. You'll need to triple that at least.

4. Johnson gear is crap and is "stepping stone" gear made for beginners looking for something, ANYTHING cheap.
  3. bass man evan

bass man evan

Dec 10, 2005

thanks fot he help

i was thinking aout buying it too

and the guiatrest never has ti tunred up all the way just tunred up so i could be ehred over my old berhinger but it suckd, if i couldn't returnm it, i would of kiilled it

i hate berhinger so far, but than i also hered that a berhinger amp si good, so im gonna check ti out and play for about an hour on it at guiatrcenter if im going ot buy it, make sure tis perfect (ply wont be)
  4. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    There ya go, that should help.

I agree with Eric otherwise.