1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

how hard it should be sneaking on GA floor?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by KingCrimson, Apr 6, 2009.

1. KingCrimson

KingCrimson

Oct 6, 2008
    Well I payed the same price for my reds as the GA floor is at metallica. Even though they had 2 shows over here in Montreal the ticket sales were all decided by luck, not first come first serve.

I waited 20 minutes in the "waiting room" stage of the ticket sale website, and guess what they pick randomly once you get into the waiting room! Thats right, that means you could have gotten in the waiting room later then most people who got there on time and be picked to buy youre tickets first! I liked ticket pro where it was first come first serve, sure it froze up but at least it was fair.

i could not get 1 floor ticket, best i could get were 2 reds on their second day here.

So since me and my friend are pretty hardcore metallica fans and paid the same price we decided that we'll sneak down to the floor around the end so we can get into a few mosh pits.

Any idea how hard this should be?

2. BillyRay

BillyRay Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    Very. There'll be security checking tickets (or they'll give you bracelts you have to show) to avoid overcrowding. The last Maiden show I went to, we tried your approach and it failed.

3. Not too hard during the opening band, if there is one. If not, well you are out of luck. Also, they are kind of old, there might not be a pit.

lowsound

4. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    good luck Carlo, you're gonna need it.

5. KingCrimson

KingCrimson

Oct 6, 2008
    bahah then we'll start one, its Metallica not the Jonas Brothers. I don't have to see the members ugly faces up close, i just want to be where the action is.

Also ive seen plenty of older bands with mosh pits, Motorhead, Overkill, Symphony X, Helloween, Judas Priest etc..

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Find the weakest usher/security person, and charge them with about 20 other people as soon as the lights go out. You'll be in GA, no problem.

-Mike

7. i slipped security a ten spot for a floor bracelet before.......try it they won't kick you out, they'll just think you're crazy, but they will not kick you out.

8. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Lars Ulrich is going to eat your head. :ninja:

9. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    This is probably the most.. Accurate thing I've read all day :ninja::p:ninja::atoz:

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Having worked security for many a concert, I have had plenty of other things offered to me for a floor pass or access backstage. Ahhh....the good old days when I was in my early 20's.

-Mike

11. BillyRay

BillyRay Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    This will work and will also get you kicked out if they find you (and believe me, they'll search).

But if you really want to be on the floor...

:bag:

12. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois

:oops:

:D