How hard would it be to modify a mini pedal and install in a bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lordradish, Oct 11, 2020.

1. lordradish

lordradish Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2006
    Vermont
    Okay, crazy idea... I have a Maurizio Uber Miezo on order, a mini bass that is basically the top 12 frets. For the low notes, obviously, it needs to go through an octave pedal. Since I want to fully utilize this as a super portable travel bass, I'm wondering, if there's room in the cavity, if I could take the guts out of a mini octane pedal and install it in the bass. If it fit, there's three things I'd need to figure out...

How to power the pedal with a 9 volt, as the mini pedals aren't set up for batteries

How to replace the stomp switch with a toggle

How to replace the surface mounted pots with wired ones

If I did this, I think I'd do it with a TC sub n up mini pedal.

Crazy? Doable?

2. ClusterFlux

ClusterFlux

Apr 11, 2018
    I don't think it is worth it.

I'd just pick up an iRig. That way you can use your phone as a headphone amp and effects processor.

3. lordradish

Jul 20, 2006
    Vermont
    Ya know, I already have one. Don't know why I didn't think of that.

4. MYLOWFREQ

MYLOWFREQ Supporting Member

May 13, 2011
    It is doable, but I agree that it's a little unnecessary as you need to plug it into something to make sound anyway. If it was a standalone bass, then it'd make sense.

5. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    That's a stock option on the Wing bass version of the same instrument. They use the guts of a micro pog. It's a pretty basic wiring project, but will require routing and drilling holes.

2017-07-27-11.39.56.jpg

6. lordradish

Jul 20, 2006
    Vermont
    That's what I was thinking of...But I did mess around with Bias FX and an iRig Duo Pro last night, I think I can make that work.