1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How hard would it be to modify a mini pedal and install in a bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lordradish, Oct 11, 2020.

1. lordradish

lordradish Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2006
    Vermont
    Okay, crazy idea... I have a Maurizio Uber Miezo on order, a mini bass that is basically the top 12 frets. For the low notes, obviously, it needs to go through an octave pedal. Since I want to fully utilize this as a super portable travel bass, I'm wondering, if there's room in the cavity, if I could take the guts out of a mini octane pedal and install it in the bass. If it fit, there's three things I'd need to figure out...

How to power the pedal with a 9 volt, as the mini pedals aren't set up for batteries

How to replace the stomp switch with a toggle

How to replace the surface mounted pots with wired ones

If I did this, I think I'd do it with a TC sub n up mini pedal.

Crazy? Doable?

2. ClusterFlux

ClusterFlux Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2018
    I don't think it is worth it.

I'd just pick up an iRig. That way you can use your phone as a headphone amp and effects processor.

3. lordradish

Jul 20, 2006
    Vermont
    Ya know, I already have one. Don't know why I didn't think of that.

4. MYLOWFREQ

MYLOWFREQ Supporting Member

May 13, 2011
    It is doable, but I agree that it's a little unnecessary as you need to plug it into something to make sound anyway. If it was a standalone bass, then it'd make sense.

5. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    That's a stock option on the Wing bass version of the same instrument. They use the guts of a micro pog. It's a pretty basic wiring project, but will require routing and drilling holes.

2017-07-27-11.39.56.jpg

6. lordradish

Jul 20, 2006
    Vermont
    That's what I was thinking of...But I did mess around with Bias FX and an iRig Duo Pro last night, I think I can make that work.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021