1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How have you described towns you hate visiting?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bryan316, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    At lunch, I just described a recent trip through Akron, OH for the company to get custom equipment repaired. And I explained how terribly that town smelled. They asked what could it possibly smell like?

"Mix of livestock manure, sewage and industrial chemicals. Like driving through a construction worker's laundry basket."

They were quite fond of using a laundry basket as a derogatory way to describe something. :D

2. "a wretched hive of scum and villainy"

no wait...

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    The perfect backdrop for a suicide.

4. ogrossman

ogrossman

May 20, 2006
    Minneapolis, MN
    First prize: A weekend in Akron
    Second prize: TWO weekends in Akron!

5. ...crappy food, warm beer, and ugly women.

6. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    If God were going to give the world an enema he would stick the hose in _____.

7. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    "If I owned _________ and Hell, I'd live in Hell and rent out ___________."

8. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Tijuana - the butthole of the world.

I've just had too many bad experiences there.

9. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    You thought that a donkey show was just a dog show for livestock, didn't you?

10. Berkeley, the **** encrusted rat's anus of the Bay Area.

Want to go to lunch in downtown Berkeley? Well, better make it quick, those 30 minute limit parking space don't make it easy. One of their 1980's era parking meters is broken? Well, don't even think about parking there. Broken meter == parking ticket, even if it breaks after you've parked and put your money in the meter.

Trying to get from point A to point B? Well, forget your map and get your maze navigating skills in order. Many areas in Berkeley have large concrete barriers set up in many side-street intersections to prevent people from driving through directly.

Want to buy a house in Berkeley? Well, if you don't mind a crappy 1 bedroom in a crummy area for $400,000 then you're in luck!

Shopping in downtown Berkeley? Be prepared to run the panhandler gauntlet. I can't walk a block in Berkeley without at least 2 people asking me for money.

I could go on. There are a few positive things about Berkeley but most of Berkeley sucks.

- Dave

11. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

Houston , the armpit of Texas .... :ninja:

:D

12. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    The tern s*** hole usually does the job for me

13. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    I would agree if you specified the Pasadena area.... :D

14. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    After visiting places like Preston and Manchester, and taking a train through places like Leeds, Halifax, Bolton and Accrington, only one word comes to mind.

Desperate. :scowl:

15. Owen Sound, the Elephants butt-hole.

lowsound

16. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    A friend of mine who went to University in Hull, came back and described it by saying "You know the cantina scene in Star Wars? ..."

17. I've seen references to Maki on the payphone walls in Tijuana :p

The ****hole of the world is Wimauma Florida. It's like driving through a slum in Haiti or Hades..............same thing :scowl:

18. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    It is a desperate place like. That said, from what I've seen, York is pretty grim too. I never want to go anywhere near Halifax or York trainstation again.

19. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Blackpool is even worse!

20. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Here is a little "promo" poster I made of Preston...

[​IMG]