1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How Have You utilized Facebook to promote your band?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Sep 27, 2009.

1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
  2. wetzelman1

wetzelman1

Feb 12, 2009
    I'll give a plug to ArtistData. free website that will update your facebook, myspace, twitter etc simultaneously with show dates, listings, status updates, everything. Very helpful tool.

3. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Cool. I'll check into that.

4. mpm32

mpm32

Jan 23, 2009
    Here's the thing though that drives me nuts about the fbook pages. We have a page and a lot of the fans are not friends on my personal page. You can only send event invites to people that are your personal friends. Your 'fans' don't show up on the invite list. In order for your 'fans' to see the event, you need to do an update - which sux.

5. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Dont like facebook for music...no sir. To me its great for finding old buds and folks telling you everything they do each and every moment of their hourly daily life :rollno:

6. crijan

crijan Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2005
    Dallas, Texas
    Endorsing: JH Audio IEMs
    We find facebook to be a valuable tool for marketing our band.

Yeah, you can't invite "fans" to an event, but you can post the event on the band's feed or buy an advertisement which will put the event on your fan's main page.

7. +1

IMO FB is used by a wider variety of people than say myspace; musicians and "civilians" alike. It seems like myspace is mainly used by fellow musicians. I am assuming they would rather be playing a gig than being a fan of your band.

I like using FB.

8. crijan

crijan Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2005
    Dallas, Texas
    Endorsing: JH Audio IEMs
    This is exactly what we have found as well.

9. djero44

djero44

Mar 3, 2009
    Paonia Colorado
    I've had pretty good response just promoting my bands (locally) with my personal page. I've never even checked out the music parts of FB!

It's a very active network, so there is some great potential, for sure...