Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How heavy is a moses neck?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FractalUniverse, Nov 25, 2002.

1. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    I went to a store and picked up a bass that seems to be a peavey with a moses neck, and it was really heavy, but.. i don't know what makes that bass heavy, the neck or the body(seems to be a kind of maple).
    (graphite was suposed to be light, like zons, no??)

2. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Their web site doesn't specify. I have a 5-string Moses neck being made that should be shipped this week. When it arrives I'll weigh it and let you know.

3. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    the peavey bass with moses cost only US$146 (beleive it or not), and i'm going to buy it....

I want to make sort of an experiment (look at the pic).

Take the moses from the pvi, then put it on the MM style cheap bass with light wood(hope swamp ash)... and then.... basslines!!!!!

(the moses in the pic is not the one that i'm going to buy, the one in the pvi is the MM/G&L style)

4. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Not sure what type Moses neck is on the Peavy but the std. Moses graphite necks retail for around $500-600. Sounds like a deal to me!:cool:

5. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    thats the cool thing about Chile....... They don't know what they are selling :D

6. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    and i also can talk to you about how cheap is a kubicki, the stu hamm urge I and some luthier basses that are just wonderful!!!

7. You are so damn right...
    If it's not ibanez, fender, warwick, yamaha, etc... they will sell it to you as firewood, even fancy luthier babies!! The most expensive bass in Chile must be the Yamaha Patituchi's Signature.

Believe it or not

Some of our luthiers:
    Manuel Orrego
    Alfonso Iturra

EBP

8. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    eh, moses bass necks go for about $250 on musicians friend. i got my musicman one used for $200 before MF carried them.

and yes, they're heavy. but very nice sounding and playing.

9. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

wow...those guys offer some really cool stuff