How Heavy is the Lakland 55-01?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassplayer5115, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Couple pounds.

(I don't know for real. TB'er Chris A. had[has?] one)
  2. Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Not that heavy - I could weigh it for you. Not any heavier than any of the Warwicks I had.
  3. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Mine is about 8 1/2 lbs. as far as I can tell by my bathroom scale.
  4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    22.789654123 Lbs.

Just kidding. The one I played actually didn't seem that heavy, but I have no idea of the actual weight.

I am of absolutely no help here, I have been in the bar all night, and am just hanging out here trying to get tired enough to go to bed.

But they really don't seem to be that heavy.
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Mine is around 9 lbs.
  6. Las Olas

Las Olas

Apr 20, 2003
    Scarborough, UK
    Mine's not light, I'll say that. Heavier than the Ibanez Musicians I have. Ditto Yamaha TRB6P. Same with the Doug Wimbish sig Ibanez. Not light, by any means, imho.
  7. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    It's not light - better get a good strap.
  8. Like a Comfort Strapp.
  9. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    You people serious? I have to Yamaha TRB's and I played a 5 string skyline and I couldn't get over how light it was and how it felt like there was nothing on my shoulder with a 2 inch strap. My TRB's are frikkin heavy, and this ash skyline was a feather weight. Maybe I'm just crazy.
  10. Las Olas

Las Olas

Apr 20, 2003
    Scarborough, UK
    I'd say my TRB6P was about the same weight as my Lak 55-01. Though the TRB is a little more neck heavy. Comfort strapps on both!
  11. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    This is weird, because my 55-01 isn't too heavy at all. In fact, its lighter than my PJ bass, w/ a jazz neck, & ultralights... Trouble there is, the body is heavy on my PJ.