Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How I got kicked out of my band...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by LoreBard, Sep 2, 2002.

1. LoreBard

LoreBard

Sep 2, 2002
    Canada
    Well...let's see...
    I tried out for the jazz band at the beginning of the year, I made it. While playing, the drummer and I hit it off, so we decided to form a band. I had a pal who despertly wanted to learn guitar after I told him I played bass, so he got a guitar. Then came the second guitarist, since the first one only played Blink 182, the second was far superior (even though he only ventured as far as RHCP.)
    After a couple jam sessions, came the first fault, the guitarist pulls of 'Eruption' Drummer-boy thinks it sounds cool, so he gets a guitar, and now the 2nd guitarist stops coming to practice. A new drummer comes, he's obsessed with Blink but that isn't important.
    Anyways, the same thing happens to me. I play 'The Awakening' and now the ex-drummer got a bass, and I've stopped coming. When I ask what is going on, the bassist said in this order:
    "Taylor (Name of 1st guitarist) thought you couldn't come, so he asked me..." I asked Taylor, this was untrue.
    Next it was, "You just don't come..." Need I point this one out?
    Now it was "We never jam becasue of the final exams, I had to study," even though he got his bass early May, exams aren't late June
    This kid tries to slap once he gets his bass, I don't need to say more... His finger style is an index-thumb pattern, he hits G with his thumb then A with his index.
    Even though the band is 67% Blink 'punkers' and the last 33% is a rich, backstabbing try-hard bassist. Doesn't even have the nerve to get good at one before he goes to the next.

:mad:
    I think I'm gonna go break something.

But he's gonna try out for the jazz band...atleast I profit a good laugh.:D

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

3. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    yeah that sucks dude. oh well.. no use playing with those kind of people.. time for you to find something better

4. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Man, have you noticed that pro level bands never have this kind of problems.

No offense Lord Bore, but I just noticed that a lot of teen bands have stupid problems like this. I'm not trying to discourage you or anything, but man, all this crap I see is pretty petty.

5. LoreBard

LoreBard

Sep 2, 2002
    Canada
    I agree with you, but you've gotta feel something when that happens.
    In my case, drunken-ill-directed rage.

6. I've gotta congratulate you for making a near-coherent post about a band argument. Haven't seen that before.

Anyway, you've just got to keep trying until you find people who are mature enough to start a serious band. It's not easy to do this when you're a teenager (I know all about it). Don't give it up :).

7. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Well, then, you could then go on Behind the Music and blame it all on the booze...................and wild women too. :D ;)

Keep jamming bro. You sound like a serious muso from what I've read here from you. When you're jamming in a serious band, they'll still be in the garage.