1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How informational fields can affect your enjoyment of Talkbass

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Marlat, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I thought you guys might be interested in trying out a free Tweak[SUP]TM[/SUP] that I have become aware of to help increase your enjoyment of Talkbass. I found it works best in OT, but in 1000's of blind tests it has also been shown to have positive results in the Technique and Miscellaneous forums.

Basically what the involves in manipulating informational fields. There is a specific area of the brain that, although not testable through normal "science", one or two people have researched and concluded that it can affect TB enjoyment. They call this the "PacZone". By maninpulating the "PacZone", its been shown that TB enjoyment can be increased. So, here's the free test. Now, I know you are probably skeptical, but try this out and see how it works. Feel free to post back the results to let others know how it went.

1. DOwnload and print out the following picture:

[​IMG]

2. Tape the picture on the side of your monitor.

3. Post in TB OT and see how you feel.

Okay, we shall call that the "base state" of the PacZone.

4. Take the picture off your monitor and put it in the freezer.

5. Take the picture our of the freezer and put in the microwave (now don't turn it on, just put it in there).

6. Take the picture out of the mircrowave and draw a mustache on the guy on the right hand side of the picture.

7. Put the picture back up on the side of your monitor.

8. Post in TB OT and see how you feel.

Now, what you have done is manipulated the PacZone and moved from the base state to a higher state. You should feel increased enjoyment in your OT postings. Now, this isn't something that can be measured by "science" (but who cares about that right). The important thing is that, subjectively, you are having more fun.

Feel free to share other tips for enjoying TB more in this thread.

BTW, if anyone is interested I can show you where you can purchase some tips for increasing enjoyment in other areas of TB by manipulating the "Turner Region", the "Metal Place" and the "Fuqua Patch", but this stuff is proprietary so I can't just give it away.

2. I tried it and my Paczone its definitely in a higher state! The moustache made a big difference! Thanks Mark!

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    You may find by writing a few choice messages on the back of the picture, or on the front, you can increase the state of the Paczone even higher. But, that only works in some cases, so I will leave that to your discretion. In all my research to date on these "informational fields", I keep coming back to the conclusion; whatever you do, moderation is the key. :)

4. Does it mater which side of the monitor I place the picture?
    I wouldn't want this experiment to have the the opposite effect.

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    mark latimour, ladies and gentleman, let's give it up for him! :hyper:

/applause

6. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Preferably on the side that faces you.

7. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Works best for me on the left, tilted to a 32 degree angle, with the right side being lower.

8. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I wrote on the back of the pic in a green felt tip marker, (it works best with a Bic green felt tip marker) "Auto Fire/Select Fire" and placed it under the pickguard of my '76 Precision bass. Now when I'm ripping through bass solos (something that I could never do before), I can also rake my wall with 5.56 mm goodness. I use the tone knob to select my rate of fire.

9. D Rokk

D Rokk Banned

Feb 19, 2009
    Delta Quadrant
    i put a note on my bass that says "plays really well" gonna see how that works out at an audition 2night

10. Febs

Febs Supporting Member

May 7, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    It works better for me if I use a picture of this artist instead:

[​IMG]

In fact, the effect is magnified approximately ten-fold if I turn the picture over, write the initials of the artist in the photo followed by the number "1" on the back with a thick black magic marker, and then draw a big "X" on top of that with a thick red magic marker.

Over the course of the past two decades, I have tested this on no fewer than 200 subjects* and every single one of them was able to discern the effect 100% of the time. This effect is not measurable with any equipment known to man. But its existence is irrefutable and there is a very logical explanation related to the sub-quark reorganization of the obecalp matrix. I have documented it in a rigorous psuedo-scientific proof, which is contained in twelve bound volumes, written in my own blood on parchment made from goatskin. (Note: I did not use parchment made from calfskin or sheepskin for the obvious reason that it would interfere with the obecalp matrix due to a complicated interaction on the third plane of hyperreality. Duh.) Don't bother asking to see the proof, however. Trying to explain it to you imbeciles would be harder than trying to teach a blind, three-legged dog to play the recorder part to Stairway to Heaven backwards. Besides, you could try the experiment in less time than it would take me to lambast you for being a close-minded Luddite.

*A partial list of the subjects includes: my invisible sidekick Rufus; my imaginary friend Hector; my four vampire bats, eenie, meanie, minee, and mo; my friend Candy Kane; and Peter Belt.

11. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Epic.

But I find the JT Doubleneck mohawk picture works even better.

12. Bocete

Bocete My E string is 36 1/4" long

Sep 30, 2006
    :D

13. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Well done! Peter Belt would be proud.

14. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    Epic. This thread makes me happy.

15. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I do NOT want to know what this means. Ever.

16. Mark, I used to think you were a standard-issue, self-deluded barrister from Oz. Now, I know you are much more.

You're a deluxe-model, self-deluded barrister from Oz.

Kudos, golf clap. Bravo.

You are my hero, if I had a womb, I would want to bear your children.

:ninja:

Febs, if you'd have originally thought of this, maybe, JUST MAYBE....no, you don't have that sexy Aussie accent, and that irresistible almost-a-mustache look...sorry...

17. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    +1 to the applause. Nice thread, made me enjoy TB a bit more again. :D But... who's the gentleman you're referring to?

18. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    This thread increased the effects of the PacZone for me.

19. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I simply don't understand.

And quite frankly I'm not sure if I want to.

20. b_carville

b_carville

Jun 26, 2008
    Why yes! It works! It really really works!

But it works best with my specially treated red markers.

These markers were left under the seats of the various female performers of an upscale "gentleman's club". Each marker had a small sheet of white paper wrapped around it with the following message:

Honey,I'm yours! You are mine!>doubleplusgood>O.K.

These red markers will enhance the Latimour effect dramatically as well as improve the sound of your bass.Just draw an outline around your pickguard,pickups,bridge,etc.

I have a limited supply of these markers for only $50 apiece.I'm selling them to TBer's only! This is half the price of a Belt product!The next batch will be placed under the armchairs used in the various "lap dance"rooms.This should furthur enhance(& up the price) of these magic markers.

Hey everybody! Do you really want to bring this guy/? out of the woodwork again? I know it's fun & all but that poster was getting kinda creepy!