1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How is Hurricane Hype....er...I mean Hannah treating you today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fenderhutz, Sep 6, 2008.

1. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Just curious.

I live in WV and I can't find any milk or toilet paper. :meh:

We MIGHT get 25 MPH winds and an inch of rain.

Gotta love the hype. :scowl:

2. vbsurfer3001

vbsurfer3001

Jul 25, 2005
    VB,VA
    Hahaha, yep, VB was stripped of it's bottled water & generators this week. It's a little wet & windy, but at least now I don't have to cut the grass today ;-)

3. ...waitaminit...Hurricane huh...whaaa....

:confused:

...man, everyone here in Greensboro was all wound up earlier this week, worried about the forthcoming deluge, like Noah needed to show up and build the ark.

:rollno:

I didn't even go buy extra bottled water, and my gas tank on the car is one tick from empty...I saw this for a fizzle Monday.

I lived through Camille in 1969 in Slidell, it will take a LOT more to rattle my cage. Of course, you'll notice that I no longer live in a hurricane-prone area (like say, Orlando, after 2004's 4 storms in 6 weeks...yeah, that was annoying...), and won't be moving back to one.

4. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    Last night a few of us went outside our apartment building with my longboard and a spare shower curtain rigged up as a sail. Good times were had.

5. Next time you think that's a good idea, watch this video:

:D

6. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Just checked the news - we have gotten 4 inches of rain so far around DC and we're not halfway through yet. They're worried about flooding in old town alexandria.

7. With the prospect of evacuating this upcomng week looming, the wife and I are seriously talking about moving. Evacuating can get costly because I'm an independent researcher/contractor. While I'm waiting out a hurricane I'm both spending money I normally wouldn't AND not earning money I normally would.

My brother pointed me in the direction of a "damn-near name your price" situation a few months back. I had turned it down at the time because I like it here. The people, the history, the food. Time for me to maybe reconsider.

Mike

8. We New Englanders are supposed to get a taste of Hannah's wrath tonight in the early AM hours. Last night we got about two inches of rain from the trailing edge of the storm and the weather people think we should be getting a few more inches of rain and some high winds. They are still predicting tropical storm winds, but if it diminishes as it comes up the coast we probably wont get the winds they predict. I'm sure we will get lots of rain though.

9. rokkitt

rokkitt

Jun 7, 2007
    bronx, nyc
    little rain in nyc

argh!

IKE is the bad one......when is that?

al

10. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV

fish-slap.

11. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    We have all sorts of warnings and alerts going on here like it's going to be armageddon..yet I just got back from a nice long bike ride. very little rain, no wind, just clouds. We'll see what the next few hours bring. I hope it stays like this.

12. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, my girlfriend showed me that when I told her what I was up to. Crazy stuff.

13. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
  14. Oh, in that case. BRAVO!
    :D

15. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    It's keeping me away from the shore. Waves are a bit to big for this old man.

16. it starts tomorrow for me

HALIFAX NOVA SCOTIA FTW

17. Brad Maestas

Brad Maestas Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    Ugh, the humidity is just relentless. I didn't get much sleep last night.
    I can't stand it when it's sticky like this.

I was supposed to do a rooftop gig tonight (with tent) but after my injection of common sense, they decided to move it to a more sheltered location. I'll admit to being a little edgy about flooding since I'm in the basement and in the red zone (low elevation). So I'm gonna try to elevate some of my stuff just in case, especially since I won't be here while it's coming down. My landlord said it hasn't ever flooded down here but I'm not taking any chances. Other than that, it's business as usual here in Bushwick/Bed-Stuy. Typical hectic, muy loco Saturday afternoon.

18. Croox

Croox

Sep 16, 2007
    South Side Chicago
    Gustav put quite a bit of rain down as it made its way north here in Chicago earlier this week. also cooled everything off too. I bet Ike will blow up our way too next week :meh: