How is the Ampeg PF800 head paired with the PF 410 cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FunkMetal, Apr 21, 2017.

1. FunkMetal

FunkMetal

Mar 26, 2012
    I'm still in the market for my first gigging head/cabinet. There is not a great selection for test cabs at my local stores, so it's hard to get my hands on these ...

Do you think the single 4x10 HLF - 800 watts at 8 ohms would be enough power with the PF-800 watt head? ( small/medium sized local venues, or outdoor gigs with PA support )

It seems like an excellent value at around $1000 for both the amp and cab. General thoughts on this combo? Thanks!

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    It should be enough, sure. That's all I can tell you about it, though...got a PF800 but never got to try out the cab yet. But I've used the 800 many times with a 410he and it screams.

bdplaid likes this.
  3. bdplaid

bdplaid Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2007
    florida
    Did you mean the HLF410 or the PF 410? I'm curious about the reliability of the latter combination myself.

4. FunkMetal

FunkMetal

Mar 26, 2012
    It's the
    Ampeg PF-410HLF 4x10" 800-Watt Portaflex Bass Cabinet
    model for $549.99

High Camp likes this.
  5. It beams upper mids like nearly every other 410. On a small stage it's very hard to hear what note you are playing.

6. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Mount Prospect, IL
    A 2x4 propped under the cabinet (many cabinets) is extremely helpful for hearing yourself. Regardless, I am sure it will work well for hearing yourself onstage.

JimmyM likes this.