1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How is the B String on Yamaha BB435?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by baddarryl, Nov 3, 2018.

1. baddarryl

baddarryl Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Cape Fear!
    Hi all. I played a 4 banger and was highly impressed. If it were a 5 I would have taken it home. How is the 5 on these? I wasn't able to try one. If like the rest of the bass I would expect very good. Thanks.,

2. baddarryl

baddarryl Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Cape Fear!
    Anyone?

3. Rojd

Rojd Supporting Member

May 29, 2018
    Rocky Mountains
    I haven't been to find one in my area to try, but I'm looking to add a fiver, and the BB435 is at the top of the list.

4. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    I finally got to try a BB435 at a local to me, musical instrument and gear dealer I do most of my business with, and I'm considering adding a passive 5 string to my gear arsenal. All in all, I was impressed with the BB435, especially for what you get for the money, as well as the overall fit and finish, and no nut and fret issues on the one I tried, which really impressed me! I thought the B string had pretty decent clarity and note definition for a 34" scale instrument, even with the stock factory strings that I would change if I were to buy it. It might have been a little wooly with the P-pickup soloed, but with the J-style bridge pickup flavored in to taste, I was a happy boy. I do have an older U.S. Peavey Cirrus which is a 35" scale instrument for comparison, but yeah, I really was impressed overall with the BB435.

5. Jeb

Jeb

Jul 22, 2001
    USA
    B string is fine. This is a really nice bass. I just got one as a backup to my AmStd P5 and it is just a great bass. Stock strings are fine and the Sweetwater setup is as good as I could do. Its a player right out of the box, just very good quality that I am sure is consistent on most, if not all of these instruments. As fine a bass as I've ever played.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019