Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How is the delay on the Bass POD

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Petrov, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Petrov

Petrov

Feb 20, 2003
    Media, PA
    I've read the existing threads on the love it or hate it Bass POD (original bean shaped one, not the XT or PRO) from Line 6. I wondered if those who had tried it or own one could answer a couple of questions:

1. How is the delay effect on the Bass POD? (note: I do have the floorboard as I have a guitar POD 2.0)

2. Do you think my money is better spent getting a stand alone delay pedal or the more all in one solution of the Bass POD?

3. What's you opinion of the Bass POD in a live situation?

Thanks,
    -peter

2. DB5

DB5

Jul 3, 2001
    Austin Texas
    I had the Pod Pro for about 1 1/2 yrs.
    The effects are not very good. IMHO
    :p

3. No delay on the BassPOD, better look elsewhere. Had one, got rid of it.

4. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    If you're looking for a multi-FX processor, the POD ain't it. Only being able to access one effect at a time seriously limits it as a viable effects unit IMHO.

Decent amp simulator, though

5. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I bought a Pod and loved it so much that I returned it in less than 2 weeks! At that time, it was pretty new on the market and it was touted to me as being a great multi-effects processor as well as a great simulator; great for both studio and live use.

I quickly found out how neat of a toy it is...if you're screwing around in your bedroom or have a preset tone you want to call up in the studio. But, for a live effect, it's tones are average, but extremely difficult to use.

Consider what effects you're looking for and how much they'll cost you to buy individually (or in a rack unit, such as the TC Electronics G-Major). I can guarantee you the extra money spent on pedals is way, WAY worth the saved aggravation of trying to get your tone on stage with the Pod.