Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How is the string spacing and general playbility of the Tribby L2500?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by darkside 88, Sep 29, 2005.

1. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Would it be comparable to a Stingray 5? Also, how solid is the low B?

2. BassikLee

BassikLee Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    I have a Tribby L2500. I had an SR5 about 3 years ago, so I may have forgotten a bit. That said, the feel is very similar. Real solid, much moreso than my '92 Fender Jazz Plus 5. Great B, spacing is similar to the SR5, being "medium tight". My only issues with the 2500 are upper fret access is poor, and mine, with the ash body, is ballz heavy.

Lee

3. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Thanks very much. Anyone else have a comment?

4. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Come on...I'm still debating between a L2k and an L2k5.

5. To me, neckwise, a Stingray and a L-2000 are very similar. Soundwise I prefer the L-2000 because it has more sound options, can be switched to passive mode (important because some of my fx don't work well with active basses) and sound awesome in it as well.

6. It's very close to the SR5 spacing -wise and the low B on the one I had was fine. Not great, but that bass had nothing to apoligize for. This is a clear winner in the "for the money" derby!

7. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Pretty accurate. Mine's heavy as well. I much prefer the tonal palette of a G&L to a Stingray. The 'ray deos about one sound real well. The G&L does many....