Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How is this deal?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Basroil, May 25, 2005.

1. Basroil

Basroil

May 25, 2005
    Lake Forest, CA
  2. Basroil

Basroil

May 25, 2005
    Lake Forest, CA
    Please, anyone?

3. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    These packs are always suspect. I wouldn't recommend any of them myself, but maybe i'm just being a snob.

4. Basroil

Basroil

May 25, 2005
    Lake Forest, CA
    Im gonna get better bass and amp eventually, but i was just wondering how it is for a beginer.

5. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    It depends on your budget.

I started with the Squier Pack, and I grew out like 2 or 3 years after I got it. Maybe you could get a nice used bass or an Essex?

6. Basroil

Basroil

May 25, 2005
    Lake Forest, CA
    If I can find a could used bass and amp, then sure. I dont want to spen over 200$, its hard for me to get money fast. How long do you think it will last? Ill probaly get a new bass a xmas and save up for a new amp.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If you're only going to use it for six months, it's good, but remember, it you're just replacing it all so soon, isn't it a waste of $200? Borrow or rent a bass and amp, for about the same amount of money you can have a better instrument that's easier to play for the same amount of time.

Be sure to check out SX as well. For $99 and change you can get a good bass, and find a used amp locally. A smaller practice amp will sell for nearly dirt cheap used, about $30 or $40 instead of buying one new for $100 when you're only going to get $30 or $40 when you sell it.

8. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Hi Basroil, I struggled with this bass pack thing a couple of weeks ago. I went ahead and bought a bigger amp (Behringer UB 1200) with a separate bass.

We all want to jam with a band right? The tiny amp in the bass pack will be drowned out when your friends come over with their drum kit and guitars. So right off the bat, a major part of your rig needs upgrading. IMHO, you can get an okay bass, like the oft mentioned SX for $89.00 and one of those 30W combo amps from Musician's Friend for $100. Throw in maybe $20 for a strap and cord and you're set!

HTH

Let us know what you get. :)