How Limited Is The Harris Signature Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by danqi, Jun 19, 2002.

1. danqi

May 21, 2001
    In a german magazine there's a store that advertises the 'Arry bass with the words "the absolutely last ones there are".
    Just to be sure: Is the bass limited in any way? I plan on getting a Stingray 5 now and the 'Arry maybe in a couple of years. Will it be hard to get one new by then?
  2. Octane

Apr 27, 2002
    This was asked before maybe search around. It is hard to answer because Fender does not release production numbers
  3. I don't see them very often, maybe once every few months, and that includes ebay. I can't recall the last time I saw a brand new one, maybe I never have.

You'll never get that info from Fender, like Octane said, they don't release production numbers. Could be 5,000, or 500,000 we will never know. All i know is I never have the money when i do see one.
  4. For your info - there's one on UK ebay just now. The seller is a shop in Cologne - Germany! JMX - you got any idea who it is???

Also - have a Steve Harris sig if you're interested. OK so that's only 2 in all of Germany so far - but they ain't that hard to find!

You could always get a Lake Placid Blue P-bass, add a Badass II bridge and a SD Quarter Pounder (and a scratch plate of your choice - let's face it the red one just might go anyway) and bingo, you've near enough got one!
  5. I also heard they had been discontinued, probably why I've never seen a brand new one.

I thought about the Do-it-yourself sig bass, but I don't like LPB enough. Maybe hunter green with a BAII, QP pups, and a black PG. Now that would be sweet.

BTW, how you likin the 'Arry Josh?
  6. danqi

May 21, 2001
    Damn, now I got a serious problem:
    I NEED to get the Stingray 5, because I need a 5 string.
    I also NEED to get the 'Arry because later I won't be able to find one. Probably neither new nor used.
    But I can't get two basses at the same time. I am saving for college.

Argghh.:( :(

7. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Need? Perhaps you need to do some rethinking... ;)
  8. Everytime I walk into either the Manhattan or Queens Sam Ash, there's an Arry" hanging on the wall. Now, whether or not it's the same one, I don't know.

One word of caution: If you see something other than a standard production bass and you REALLY want it, buy it ASAP. I've blown a couple a basses by not doing this; A Gibson RD Artist, and used Yamaha TRB at a looney price. From what I understand, I got one of the last sunburst Jack Casadys that were made. And I almost missed that one.

Hesitate thee not. ;)

Mike J.
  9. BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Yep they're discontinued. That's what I had originally intended to get when I got my hoppus bass.
  10. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I was talking to a fender customer service rep a few months ago.... in talking about the 'Arry, he told me that 500 would go to the US.... so for what it's worth....