1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How Long Before You Freak Out?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by IncX, Aug 25, 2012.

1. IncX

IncX

Jul 23, 2007
    Philippines
    i apologize for the title, because it could mean a lot of things... its just, i recently paid for a bass here in TB, and its almost a week now and i still am not getting any reply from the seller.

should i be freaking out? or is 1 week of no communication "normal?"

*and oh, its not an expensive bass, still... its $200

2. BKuettel

BKuettel

Apr 8, 2011
    Oneonta, NY
    How did you pay? Was it paypal? If so don't worry about it because they can't receive the money until you get the item. If you used a different method then I would wait until next friday the latest before taking any further action. A seller stopped talking to me immediately after I had purchased some items once. I started to get worried and reported it to a mod and the items arrived in the mail the next day. Sometimes the seller is busy but that's not always the case.

I believe this should be put in the Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help Desk forum btw. You will get more help there too.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I would be concerned at this point.

-Mike

4. jarrydee

jarrydee

Oct 22, 2011
    Michigan
    I always get my money from paypal right away! Heck, I use the payment to cover shipping!

5. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    You don't understand how PayPal works. In most circumstances, the money is available to the seller immediately.

6. Indeed. I don't post anything until I receive the cash.

7. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    That's kinda rude in the least. I use Paypal shipping (USPS or UPS.) It generates a tracking number that's emailed instantly to the buyer. I send an FYI email with that information as a courtesy. Even though the buyer will get an update when I drop it off, I send and email confirming that as well.

8. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Banned

Aug 15, 2010
    Was it a long-time member or somebody with a very short history on the forum?

Is it somebody with a history of selling items successfully or was it his first time?

Some people are rather inconsiderate. Even if the selling/shipping of the item occurs flawlessly, communication can be nonexistent. I find that ironic considering we live in the age of communication, but keep that in mind.

9. BKuettel

BKuettel

Apr 8, 2011
    Oneonta, NY
  10. guy n. cognito

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Maybe someone here can tell me when they EVER saw a request from paypal to verify that they received an item.............. Anyone? Bueller?

A refund can only be initiated by the seller, not the buyer. Please stop posting about things you clearly don't understand.

11. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

TB classifieds are full of low grade sellers that get away with it because TB is "nice" and full of "friends"

I have bought a few things off the classifieds here and over 1 week shipping time seems to be fairly normal, then they won't leave you feedback, even after you leave them feedback and ask them several times to leave feedback since you can see they have been active on talkbass every day and read the confirmed mail you sent them...

So yeah, though I will shop on tb again, piles of bullsp!t is to be expected.

12. guy n. cognito

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I've been here for 7 years and completed nearly 100 transactions. IMHO you've made a gross generalization based on a single transaction.

13. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    That's only if you're a new seller or if you haven't sold anything in a long time. I can transfer my PayPal seller account money to my bank as soon as I receive it.