1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How long can you play for before you ache?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by TMB, Mar 16, 2009.

1. TMB

TMB

Nov 25, 2008
    I played in a 12 hour rockathon for comic relief. The music was non stop but i stopped now and again and someone else took over. I played loads though and thought before hand that it would be easy......no sweat.... playing is like breathing...... can't think of a nicer way to spend a day.... with my band and my students raising money for a good cause whilst playing bass (and drums)! I was soooooo knackered. My body ached the next day and did i have a head ache.... woah! Ok i loaded my cab in and out of several schools but i thought i was fit! Am i getting old? Arrrrrrrrhhhhhhh! Does anyone sypathise? Not even sure if that is spelt right... oh it is all going horribly wrong!! Hehe!!

:rollno::D

2. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    why is this in Basses?

3. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    oh, and stretch first.

4. Well, at a church gig I did once I did 5+hours of rehearsing, playing and then improv soloing.

Damn RH bass...my left wrist loved me the next morning (I'm LH). Note to self: DON'T borrow basses). But otherwise I was fine.