1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How long do you leave your power supply on?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Road Bull, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Road Bull

Road Bull

Jul 24, 2011
    Seattle, WA.
    So I was thinking about this the other day. I have a Voodoo Labs 2+, and I have just been unplugging the power cord from the unit when I am not playing, but as I bought it used here on TB, I don't know what the guidelines are for use. I suppose it would be nice to have a little on/off switch for just such an occasion. I didn't find much in the way of info on the topic on their website, (I could have missed it), but what is common practice?

2. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Plug it in when you need it; unplug it when you don't. ;)

3. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Dropping Acid Pedal Etching .com Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    DroppingAcidPedalEtching.com
    Get a power strip with a switch

4. Road Bull

Road Bull

Jul 24, 2011
    Seattle, WA.
    Sometimes the simple fixes that elude us. lol.

5. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    I turn things on at the start of the show and turn them off at the end. Equipment is most likely to fail at power on, so I just leave them on. The only exception is the wireless transmitter since it is battery powered.

6. I leave mine plugged in until I'm done playing for a few hours or more. If I'm just taking a break I leave it on.