how long does it take for a bass player to change a lightbulb?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    the lightbulb in my kitchen burned out and i changed it in 2 days. that's a record for me. i did everything in the kitchen by the refridgerator light, and a little night light for the 2 days before.

i don't know what it is, but it takes me forver to change light bulbs unless it's absolutely necessary. i once ate a half a box of molded donuts that i didn't realize (cuz i couldn't see them) till i finally replaced the bulb.

in my old place i had lots of lights so if a bulb went it could take me weeks, even months before i'd put a new bulb it.

am i alone here??? how long's it take you to change a bulb, and feel free to post your "how many drummers does it take" jokes.
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    It's bassists like you that give bassists a bad name. If I could swim, I'd come out there and kick your ass. ;)

Ha, I think you might be alone on this one Joe. :D
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I like drummmers :(

My guitarist friend told me this joke..

"how many bassists does it take to change alightbulb? 1-4-1-4-1-4" thought it was hilarious. I thought it was stupid.
  4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

That one always cracks me up. :D Sorry.
  5. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    That reminds me. I need to change the bulb in my desk lamp. (been meanin' to for a few weeks)
  6. Today i didn't change any light bulbs but i did re-wire my basement and install two new light fixtures and two new outlets on a new curcuit:D

beat that.
  7. The apartment i have at college is kinda dark, no over head lights, so it gets dark when theres not enough lights. But most of the time im to lazy to walk over to a store and buy more light bulbs, so i wait untill either my room mate buys them or i get to annoyed about being in the dark.
  8. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Few weeks and counting on not changing my desk lamp's burnt out bulb.
  9. via satellite

via satellite

Sep 16, 2003
    I know! I know!

It takes 5 bass players to change a light to change it, and 4 to beat up all the guitarists trying to hog the light...:p
  10. odie

odie Supporting Member

Nice one!!
  11. How'd the molded donuts taste?:)
  12. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    they tasted fine actually, and i'm not dead. i always wondered if eating mold would kill you, now i know.
  13. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Can't you just get your keyboardist to do it with his left hand?
  14. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    I absolutely hate buying light bulbs. So I bought halogen lights for every light source in my house. They only run on 15 watts. Not to mention that they last for 5 to 7 years. Yes, they are more expensive, but I'll save money in the long run.

So Joe, break down spend the money and buy the better lights for your place. And you won't have to eat any more penicillin donuts. Although they are festive around St.patricks day, they probably tasted like poop.
  15. Slot

Oct 17, 2003
    Sydney - The Shire
    My bedroom light's been blown for close to a year now...

....meh, i'll get around to it one day
  16. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    I could change light bulbs much more quickly if I didn't have to rely on my better half to tell me where she hid the new ones ... er, put them away. ;)
  17. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Don't you have the potential for penicilin in the mold?

Could it be good for you? Could it be bad for you, but the penicilin is good, with the sum of no effect?

People... gimme $40 and point me to a Dunkin Donuts: this cannot go unanswered.
  18. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    A harsh reality is often painful. :D
  19. Well...if thats the case,I'll be in the kitchen:D