Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How long does it take to be "Supporting"?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Philbiker, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I put my annual support on a credit card a couple weeks ago but still don't have an avatar? How long does it usually take? I don't want to bother Paul... :)

2. It took me about a week (5-6 days I think) after credit card approval.

BTW, does Paul send you an e-mail notification about the imminent expiration of the membership?

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Nope, you just show up as "Member" one day. That's fine.

4. I'm gonna put that in the suggestion box.

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I got an email last year, but I don't know if he still sends them.

6. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Is there a way to find out when our supporting membership expires?

7. I've been told by Paul that it lasts one full year, so if you remember when you got in, you should be able to renew your membership around the same date I suppose.

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Well if you look at the dateline under your Avatar as a clue. It may not be to the day, but it is to the month, so get out the checkbook, find a pen and...

9. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    That's when I registered. I became a supporting member sometime after that, smartie pants;)

10. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I didn't get an e-mail either last year.... but thats allright.. i got mine in... it only took if I recall 3 days

11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Mine expires june 4th. I know that cause it said so in the e-mail and then paul gave me a p.s. to straighten up.

12. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Phil,

You may want to check to make sure your hotmail account is still active - that's where your renewal notice was sent before you were bumped back to "member" status, and that's where I sent a request for info after your credit card payment was received 3 weeks ago... Send me a PM and we'll get this worked out.