1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How long does/should it take for a store to make an order?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by crispygoat, Nov 25, 2010.

1. crispygoat

crispygoat Guest

Aug 22, 2006
    London, Ontario
    I've ordered a Fender Jazz MM bass two weeks ago. Guy told me they had the white in stock, would take a week to arrive. If I wanted natural, it would take a month for they did not have it in stock.

I was talking to a friend of mine who's ordered there several times, and told me they were slow on calling, so I should just call them. So I called today, guy looks into the computer, tells me that they haven't shipped the bass yet, should at least take another "solid" week.

So the guy tells me a week, it's been 2 weeks and the bass hasn't left the warehouse? And I still have to wait at least one more week... is this reasonable?

2. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Not in stock items can take longer then usual this time of year. Places are busy doing holiday stockup both stores and warehouses and the later doing shipping of such to stores. At the same time, some places are better at getting out of stock items that are not on their holiday list. Overall 2 weeks should be enough time for store to contact supplier and receive items warehouse has available in stock for shipping. In some cases warehouse may have to get it from their supplier first which could delay things another week or so. I do hope the store your buying from has a policy of no charges to customer cc until items ships from them to customer.

3. crispygoat

crispygoat Guest

Aug 22, 2006
    London, Ontario
    The bass I ordered was actually In Stock at the warehouse and it still hasn't left the warehouse.

4. puddin tame

puddin tame

Aug 14, 2010
    ask for your money back out of principle. not like they're the only guys who can sell you a fender

5. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    There are four Guitar Centers within driving distance of my house. Three of them have natural MM 4 stringers hanging on the wall. Don't know about the 4th one 'cause I haven't been there in about a year.

Unless you are looking for a 5 string MM or you live far from a major city, you should have no problem finding a Fender MM in natural. Now, as has often been stated on TB, weight, tone, and overall quality varies from instrument to instrument.