Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"How Long Has That Evening Train Been Gone?"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by John K., Jan 27, 2003.

1. Does anyone have this recording by Diana Ross and The Supremes? I can't seem to find it on Kazaa. Anybody care to help a brutha out?

2. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil

Aug 16, 2001
    Toronto/Buffalo
    sounds like Leroy Carr's "How Long Blues"; I'd be amazed if the Supremes ever did it, but the best version you'll find is from the first Hot Tuna album (about 1969) with Casady on bass.

Oh well, I was wrong, it's another song totally on an album called "Love Child", written by Frank Wilson & Pam Sawyer.

http://www.leoslyrics.com/listlyrics.php?sid=%7E%11ec%D9feb

3. Yup, that's the one I'm talking about. It's the song off the "Love Child" album. Help?

4. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    An alternative would be to get your hands on the "Standing in the shadows of motown" book, it comes with two cds and Anthony Jackson transcribes and plays the track at the end of the second cd....Its a seriously badass bassline, up there with "Homecookin" imo.

5. I already have the book and CD's. I just want the song so I can hear the lyrics. I like being able to know a songs parts, including words.

6. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
  7. Thanks for the lyrics. I want that recording though, so I can hear how everything ties into the song.

8. Slater

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I was able aquire an mp3 of the song. It's only 2.57MB, so I could probably just e-mail it to you.

Let me know if you still want/need it...

9. Yeah, that'd be cool. Actually, could you send it to me via AIM? My screen name is jkab87 and I am on the internet anywhere from 4 to 9 PM Pacific Time. Thanks.

10. Slater

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I don't have (and don't really want) AIM. PM or e-mail the e-mail address you want me to send the song to (can't do attachments through the TB e-mail link).

11. Slater

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Tried to send it. The file is too big for a free hotmail account :( .

12. Dang, I wonder if there's another way to get it...:confused: :(