Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How long have all u been playing?

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by apfroggy0408, Aug 15, 2004.

1. apfroggy0408

apfroggy0408

Jan 21, 2004
    texas
    was jw ive been playin for around 4 years i started in 5th grade and now im in 8th i play for the best middle school in the city im 1st bass and im also 1st bass in the all region so u could say im the best of my age in the city YAY haha not meanin to brag or anythin but just wanted to tell u so every 1 post how long uve been playin and how good u r and stuff like that i was also wonderin wat i could do to make my fingerin hand go faster if im to play scales i usualy play the g major scale 2nd octave some times 3rd octave but was jw how i could get my fingerin hand a lot faster i need to be able to do the g major scale in 1 bow so i need to get my hand real fast so i can be able to do that would really appreciate it if u told me ok so thas all i could think of

.: peace :. :bassist: < hehe thas me

2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I've been playing around 23 years now. I would recommend spelling, capitalization and punctuation as good places to start with your fingering.

:)

3. apfroggy0408

apfroggy0408

Jan 21, 2004
    texas
    Lol c'mon man im only in 8th grade, and im to bloody lazy to do all this.But thank-you for the help i guess.

and my bad for puttin in wrong place but i didnt know wat was happenin :hyper:

4. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    No excuses...

5. apfroggy0408

apfroggy0408

Jan 21, 2004
    texas
    y not is my excuse so is good enough

6. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    You may find that if you're to lazy to write that people may be too lazy to try read your garbled mess. Further, when you're representing yourself with only what you write, what do you want people to think of you? Presentation is most of the game.

7. Then we'll continue with basic grammar, i.e. sentence structure. A sentence has a subject and predicate. Often these are nouns and verbs. A noun is a person, place, or thing. A verb is word used to describe an act, occurance, or mode of being. When your sentence has a noun and a verb, it is time to stop. We do this with a period. Then we start all over again with a new sentence, which begins with a capital letter.

unless you are emily dickenson

which u r not

BTW ive bin playin 17 years im better than i used 2 b OMGLOLWTFAFAIKIMHOIMELMFAO

8. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Ah, the Rosin forum: Home Sweet Home. :)

9. Get some sleep, dood.

10. or E.E.CUMMINGS

11. moped10

moped10

Apr 9, 2003
    Wilmington, NC
    I keep seeing this acronym and excuse my apparent squareness, but what in the hell is it, and why does it bother me? Since we've gotten off on a writing skills tangent here, please note I'm being rhetorical with my "why does it bother me" question, and thus don't expect an answer

12. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    (L)ots (o)f (L)aughter

13. moped10

moped10

Apr 9, 2003
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks Mr. Parker- I feel hipper already- lol

14. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    :)

15. I always heard it was Laugh Out Loud

16. AKA Laugh(ing) out loud, IME.

17. Jinx. Now you have to buy me a Coke. :D

18. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I've heard both, but yours likely the more accepted one. I'll start reading it that way...

19. I always heard it was jinx, ya owe me a coke.....

20. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    this emily dickerson how long wuz she playn bass