1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How long should a manufacturer.....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassikLee, Aug 23, 2012.

1. BassikLee

BassikLee Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    Support their products??

OK, so I am pretty sure that Peavey, for one, will still repair anything that has their name on it. Yes, they charge money, but the stuff gets fixed.

My Carvin BRX212 combo is currently ill, and having looked up Carvin's repair options, it seems they no longer service these. They do offer to SELL ME a new BX500 head for less than they'll sell one to Joe Blow, in exchange for my dead B800 head. This, to me, sucks on many levels. The new 500 head is not biamp, the cab is. My choice then, is to run without a tweeter, or buy a passive crossover. The new head is not the same size as the B800, which will force me to build a "make it work" adaptor, or just use the cab from the BRX212 as a cab.

I had been looking at the B2000 head as a possible "big amp", but this has soured me.

So... in your opinion, how long should a manufacturer support their legacy products?? I was/am willing to pay for a repair. The fact the the head is having issues doesn't bother me as much as the fact that I can't get it fixed, by the builder.

Discuss....

Lee

2. Behringer, the warranty period.

Boutique, forever.

Everything else somewhere in between.