How long to learn new songs

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by gazzatriumph, Oct 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. lfmn16

lfmn16

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    How long? ZZ Top's Tush; not too long. Yes' Heart of the Sunrise; longer.

gazzatriumph likes this.
  2. gazzatriumph

gazzatriumph

Sep 27, 2012
    England
    Thanks again for all the replies I wasn't expecting so many, I managed to learn 2 in 5 hours, I was struggling at first but I found if I downloaded the songs on to Audacity and then slowed the tempo down it was easy to pick out the notes on the faster bits which was a big help, I also took out the bass so I could put my own bass lines in, just need to keep repeating them. Audition is next Sunday so hopefully it will go ok

bassbully likes this.
  3. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Normally you have some leeway on covers. I highly doubt you need note for note. Get the roots and play off them, don't add much, or strip too much away. Try to land in the middle and make sure to stick the beginning, bridge and ending and you will be a happy kat. BTW, I have an audition this Sunday also. :D

gazzatriumph likes this.
  4. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    gazzatriumph likes this.
  5. jthisdell

jthisdell

Jun 12, 2014
    Roanoke, VA

6. gazzatriumph

gazzatriumph

Sep 27, 2012
    England
    Audition went well, friendly and talented musicians so I've joined them. Its also great not doing covers and having the freedom to put my bass lines to the songs. Thanks again for all the reply's off to learn more songs.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 16, 2021