how long will it take

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by dave_clark69, Mar 1, 2003.

1. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    how long does it take you or how long did it take you to get to grade 6

ive been playin since august and my teacher has advised me to get a grade 6 rock school book

how much longer do u think it will take before i can take the actual test?
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I don't know WHAT you are talking about....could you explain to me this foreign(to me) grade system you seem to work on.
  3. Ive been playing since last March and my teacher also gave me some grade 6 stuff to do. I think I could probably do the exam with a couple of months practice, so Im sure you will be able to with enough practice ;)
  4. skaboy

Oct 16, 2001
    damm we cannot get grades for bass guitar here , the closest thing is the upright bass.
  5. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    hey skaboy if you cant get grades you coluld just go onto like and do a search for grade (x) and order and then you can tell your friends that you are at that standard but remember playing it is one thing and playing it well is another
  6. What he means by Grades is that when you are living in Canada or the US depending on what level you are you get a grade. It's only for when you are in School, it has nothing to do with if you are in Grade.12 or not.. it's the level of music you are at.:bassist:
  7. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    If you go this this link the grading system and expectations will all be explained.

I truly wish this system was available in the US as well. Seems like an excellent scale of what level a musician is at.
  8. Oh it's not available in the U.S. ?? I'm in Canada so I just assumed that it was also available in the U.S. Well I know at least that it's available in Canada. It's not a bad rating system. Although it is very hard to truely know the depth of any musician.:bassist: