1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How Long Will...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Xyphere, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Xyphere

Xyphere

Aug 11, 2006
    How long will strings last in their packaging? I assume they'll last for quite some time, yes? LR's tend to go for $26+ at Guitar Center, but Just Strings has them for about $22 excluding shipping (which is about $6) so I'm considering purchasing five sets of DR Lo-Riders (SS) to save money on the shipping. I change my strings every 1.5-2 months... would it be fine to leave 3-4 sets of strings just sitting around? I assume it wouldn't be a problem, but I just want to confirm that before I shell out a fair amount of money.

2. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Potentialy forever.
    I am not aware of any aging or change in molecular structure of stainless steel or nickel assuming they are not subjected to extreme temperatures, moisture, etc.

For that matter, you could buy a set of strings that were made 5 years ago and could have been on the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer's shelf without having any indication.

3. Xyphere

Xyphere

Aug 11, 2006
    Great. In that case, I'll go ahead with my purchase.

4. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    You could always try the 'Strings' forum for a second opinion ;)

5. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    i thought that a low rider was a super thumpy bass fuzz.....hmmmm.

6. i prefer the tone of flatwound germanium fuzz