How loud is the Traynor YBA200?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by joeyang761020, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Hi,
    Tberss, I to got from my local music store trying this little tube godnesss...and the tone is truelly amazing to my ear, I am reallly loving it!!!! I am really thinking of picking it up to pair it up with my new Schroeder 1212!!! My only concern is the volume of the thing. Question for those who owns it, in reality band situation, how loud is this little box? Is 200 watt tube really enough for medium size-gig(200-400)? If I can get some answer or even suggestion, it would be great!!!!
  2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    That cab is very efficient, so it should be loud enough no problem. Hell, my 60 watt Sunn is enough for medium gigs.
  3. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I think its plenty powerful for 200-400 people gigs.
  4. I tried it through an ampeg 8x10 the other day and with the gain at 7 and master at 6 it was very loud....actually too loud i ended up coming home with and ampeg 6x10 and even that is probably more than I will ever need.
  5. protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    This isn't what I wanted to hear...g.a.s mode initiated
  6. Voltaren

Sep 11, 2005
    far far away
    Mmm, I have one of these and initially the volume was a fair problem, I was running it through an ampeg svt410he and was very disappointed in its output and the way it enhanced fret noise.

I must admit I do not like any or very little distortion in my sound, that being so the gain knob was next to useless on anything above 3.

To improve things you MUST change the preamp valves, I used two old 12at7's a mate had and now I get full use of the gain and hence a lot more headroom. The next thing was to add a 18" with the 410. This amp needs speakers.

I am still not sure I would recommend this amp if huge volume is your thing.
  7. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Indoors, absolutely. Outdoors..... probably not.

I have one, and run it into a Schroeder as well (21012). The efficiency of that cab helps a lot, and the headroom is certainly adequate.

But if you'll be in need of mucho volume, for outdoor gigs or the like, you'll need to add something more - more speakers, PA support, a separate power amp off the Traynor pre, etc.

And I concur with the above - swapping the preamp tubes makes a BIG difference.
  8. Thanks, guys....with all the advices, its seems like 200 watts tube should be enough for mine GOING TO THE STORE TODAY TO PICK IT UP.
  9. protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Tell us how it sounds! If I wasn't saving for a new bass I would definately plunk down the cash for one and some NOS preamp tubes stat!
  10. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Your gonna be louder than hell :p

I played for 200 people with my V4B which has half the power... so you'll be able to smoke that gig, no problem. Give us a review! :D