How mad are you as a bassplayer?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by De Teng, Jul 31, 2004.

1. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    In terms of being crazy of your basslines or the music in general.

There was a time when I played Mark Knopflers' 'Local Hero' from five a.m. until half past six ( the morning!!!), when I got drunk at home. (I was 17 then)

Now I am 24 I play both bass and guitar. And once the bassvirus gets will not know what's happening!

Take a look at this one: half a year ago I could only sleep, because the sound of the washing machine was like the pattern of the bassdrum out of a song from our band. Then I played (in my head) the bassline with it and in the end I was only able to sleep at three o' clock at night.

Horrible isn't it? :ninja:

So now, tell me your mad stories about yourself, given the fact that we all are crazy bassplayers, obsessed by music! (or am I a nerd now? :D)
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I listen to music whenever possible. No obsession, just personal enjoyment of the art. I grew up in a family that love music and has a few members that play... it's just what I do.

oh yeah, off to Misc.
  3. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Music is sort of like crack for me. I avoid eating so I can afford to mailorder another cd.
  4. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I'm mad both ways.

Like a Hatter, and like the proletariat.
  5. well..i never go anywhere without my walkman and about 5 different mix tapes (hate cd walkmans, cant afford an ipod yet :smug: ) i walk most places groovin as i walk :smug: .....and sometimes i might be dreaming about a band that i wake up around 2am and pick up my bass and play that song and fall back to sleep, one night i woke up with my bass in my hands having no-recolection of picking it up, and i play a minimum of 5 hours a day
  6. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I'm not some crazy bass player that has to think of a groove for everything, but I do it sometimes. I listen to music almost 99% of the time. This, in turn, helps me to appreciate that other 1% of complete, blessed silence (which I think sometimes is more important).

More often, I've been noticing, like, found rhythms. Like the natural connections in unrelated noise that you can hear if you sit outside sometimes.
  7. My car has cds scattered all over the floor, as well as the passenger and rear seats. I can't stand silence.

8. I can't listen to music if it's stuff I need to concentrate while doing. Like writing out bills, playing with power tools, performing beating heart surgery. I stop paying attention to what I should be doing and paying attention to the music.

I'm stupid def mad, yo.
  9. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Like WHOA!
  10. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    same here. i swear, every one is talking about this low carb fad, im telling yall the no food diet REALLY WORKS. :eyebrow:

erhm...anyway, yea i stay up till the ungodly hours of the morning to write songs or listen to cds and try to hear what the bass is doing and then play it. ive also been elected singer/lyricist in the band. so now im staying \up working on bass lines and lyrics and how to play and sing and hit the effects and all that jazz. its pretty crazy. due to the lack of sleep i tend to look like ive done way to much h. :eek: but anyway im pretty crazy when it comes to that stuff.