1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How Many Cover bands Are Adding Baby Blue - Breaking Bad Finale

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by StyleOverShow, Oct 2, 2013.

1. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Hillsdale, Portland
    Recognized the tune, as Walt lay dying, Baby Blue with signature opening line "guess I got what I deserved". Downloaded it and learned it the next day. Typical Badfinger faire. Get an email from the guitarist from cover band, The Old Johnsons, that he wants to learn the tune. It's like number 5 on iTunes.

Anybody else swept up? Gonna be a pop tune for months.... Me, I wanted to add Sex on Fire...all two chords of it.

2. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    My cover band is on hiatus right now but Baby Blue is an awesome tune. Glad it's getting exposure to a new generation even if it took a TV show to do it.

3. F-Clef-Jef

F-Clef-Jef

Nov 13, 2006
    Neenah, WI
    We've been playing it for years in my 3 piece band. Always goes over great, especially if you can nail all the harmonies.

4. LeopoldBoom

LeopoldBoom

Aug 27, 2012
    Ireland
    Spoiler alert

5. DasClyde

DasClyde Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    I just want to thank you for spoiling the series for me.

6. grinx

grinx

Mar 24, 2003
    Raleighwood, NC
    spoiler alert - everyone dies eventually

don't start watching Game of Thrones, either

7. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Did it really spoil the series? There are a lot of other characters involved, and no one spoiled how they all die.

And the OP didnt even tell you how or why Walt dies.

8. Portphilia

Portphilia

Jun 8, 2012
    SATX
    Still, I could understand. Some fellow bass player who's only just heard of the greatness that is BB and has only began watching the series stumbles upon this thread while browsing and reads a spoiler like that. It doesn't really matter why or how, it's just a bummer to read that. I wouldn't want to be that guy, but that's just because I was crazy about BB. :bag:

9. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    If someone is just starting the series, its up to them to avoid such spoilers.
    Though, being that BB just wrapped up last Sunday, a grace period of maybe a week should be enacted on spoiling the ending.

However, if any was watching this show and didnt already know that Walt was going to die, well...

10. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I knew Walt was going to die in the very first episode.

The fact that they said he was terminal sort of clued me in.

11. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Hillsdale, Portland
    Unless you've been hiding in a cave in Afghanistan, it is pretty hard to avoid the "news" about a popular TV series finales. Sorry if I disturbed your wa. I will carry this kharma....phew.

Nonetheless doesn't sound like a rush towards this song....

How about "Blurred Lines" or "Sex on Fire"? No spoilers there..just stupid, but popular songs.

12. MJ_Sotti

MJ_Sotti formerly "Mike in Chicago" Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Chicago
    Weve done it for awhile.

I want to do "day after day"

13. Kmonk

Kmonk

Oct 18, 2012
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan, Nordstrand Pickups, Korg , Conquest Sound
    Never watched Breaking Bad but I do know the song. I like Bad Finger but I think the song is over played.

14. Ender_rpm

Ender_rpm

Apr 18, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    I'd never heard the song, not a watcher of the show either. My singer brought it in this week as a "this could be a fun and current cover to mix in" and... meh. Not my thing.

15. Spiffmeister

Spiffmeister Meister of the Spiffs

Apr 26, 2012
    Belgium
    This board is international. In some countries we're not even at the last season yet.

Seriously, if it's too much trouble to add a "spoiler alert"... Highly inconsiderate.

16. Though I agree with the sentiment behind this post, knowing as you do that other countries are ahead of you and openly discussing the series, you would be wise to avoid threads and other on-line discussions that are even remotely related to Breaking Bad.

17. gip111

gip111

Nov 13, 2012
    Man, that was a great tune when it came out back in the 70's and still sounds fresh.
    I'm showing my age though :(

18. ric stave

ric stave

May 6, 2006
    Buffalo, NY
    Man, I hope no one dies in Walking Dead....

19. FWIW, the title reads "How Many Cover bands Are Adding Baby Blue -..." on the main forum screen in my browser. No mention of Breaking Bad. This post was a spoiler for me but it's no biggie, I'll continue playing catch up on Netflix.

20. I did. Until I read your thread.