Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How many DADG players?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Micolao, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    I play 90% of the time in DADG, it's perfect for me and I don't think i'll ever need to go lower than D with my darkrock band...

how many other people play this way most of their time?

2. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I'm in...

3. amistybleu

amistybleu

Jan 15, 2006
    Thornton, CO
    I play EADG & DADG, DADG is soooo sweet, it has opened up some real creativity with our band.:bassist:

4. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    We are about 55/45 DADG/EADG right now so I can do an instrument swap half way through the set if I feel like it.

I've always liked lower tuning but it doesn't fit all music so we jump around a bit

5. My band are in DADG pretty much all the time, unless we chuck in a cover for a laff. Doesn't bother me, I can adjust easily. The guitarist likes it that way, and it allows me to pull off some mean octaves under his soloing:bassist:

6. I play dropped D tuning a half step down, so C# G# C# F#, on 80% of my original songs, D# G# C# F# and G# D# G# C# F# on the rest.

7. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    the same for me;)
    so, now it's time to buy a Dtuner..:p

8. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Playing a mix of B0-E1-A1-D1-G2-C3 and A0-E1-A1-D1-G2-C3 - really need to put Sperzel D-Things on my basses so that I can change tunings quicker. Sperzel stuff available at TK Instruments

Sperzel D-Thing and tuners on a sweet Dingwall Prima:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

No affiliation, just think they work great.

9. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I hate dropping only the E string to D, messes me all up so I just tune DGCF instead.

10. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    I was doing that for awhile (though on a Five or Six), but found that for some songs/keys it was nice to have a different low note within reach for multi-stops/chords.

11. I play in drop d about 75% of the time.