1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How many emails per week can i send to someone without sounding obsessive?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Apr 5, 2006.

1. or creepy?

anyways, i am trying to contact this person, to see if i can get her to build me this guitar. anyways, i sent her an email the other day (maybe monday) and i haven't gotten anything back...I would like to email her again, but i don't want to scare her away, because some kid from superior is emailing her all the time!

would dropping her another email maybe tomarrow be enough time since my last email?

Thanks for the tips,
    Charlie

2. give it a week

3. I say if she doesn't answer by friday afternoon, try again. 5 bidness days is more than plenty.

4. Charlie, I didn't need to read the entire bio - just look at the pic to instantly recognize Ellie. She's the Janis Joplin of luthiery! - a very busy builder and inlay artist with a lot of fans of her approach. She's also a regular over on the MIMF and, I think, a mod. I don't know her from anything but her posts and pics but I love her POV and how it comes through in her work. Go ahead and slip her another email - she won't bite.:bassist:

5. cool!
    she is from madison wisconsin too!

i love that guitar i linked, as great as it looks, she got all the wood from home depot!

6. I've got a REAL bone of contention with this...:mad:

Home Depot's don't all carry the same stock and I've heard too many stories about HD's carrying maple and other premium woods up there. Down here, all we get is red oak, poplar, and MDF!!

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Staff Member Supporting Member

Could you call her on the Phone ?

8. yeah, i don't think MDF would make a very good guitar...but that one really looks cool...i don't know how it plays of or sounds, but it looks cool :)

and i could call her, but i don't know her number

9. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    +1

10. i don't have her number

11. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Well ask for it via email, goober!

:p :D

12. haha i was just going to say that myself...i could always email her to get her number, and then call that number to tell her to answer my email ;)

13. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    avoid sending ten in one sitting. :ninja:

14. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Two e-mails in one week is reasonable. If she doesn't answer the second one in a reasonable amount of time, then I would seriously reconsider allowing her to build you a custom bass. Imagine how you will feel when she doesn't return your e-mails AND she has a large sum of your money.

15. you've got a point...