Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How many Exercise regularly?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cgworkman, Dec 3, 2004.

1. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Well?? :bassist:

2. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Every day - at least an hour doing something that is aerobic and/or strength building - cycling, weightlifting, walking, running, skiing, snowshoeing, working on the house....

DD

3. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    I try to run every day, but I can't always find the time.

4. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Not daily but, regularly, meaning a few times a week.

Marshall

5. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Every day. One(1) Hr per day with minimal BS-ing between sets.
    Treadmill 30 minutes + 30 minutes of assorted Nautilus, chinups, situps, dips.
    IMO, dips on the OLD Nautilus multi-purpose machine with added weights will kick your ass...once you're throughly exhausted with the Positive motion(10-25 reps), you can used the steps/little staircase to perform another 5-8 reps of Negative motion. FME, this is the fastest way to increase one's strength.

6. Normally 6 days a week, 45 min- 1 hr lifting, 45 min something cardio and streching.

That was untill I blew my knee out 3 months ago, so I had to lay off.....Just started back last week and boy does it feel good!!!

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Every other day I am in the gym lifting weights and doing cardio. On my "off" days, I do push-ups and sit-ups at home followed by some cardio. I really dislike cardio, but it is so necessary.

-Mike

8. Used to do cardio (either run or cycle) 3 times a week and lift weights 2-3 per week. I did this for almost 2 years straight.

I have been slacking as of late, and been only doing cardio 1-2 a week and only lifting sporadically. I need to get back into the routine, but it's hard to stay motivated, especially with my new Stingray sitting at this house.

9. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I know I may sound like a work-out-aholic... But, because I'm so busy following around my kids, I can't say I've been on a regular plan for almost 9 months now... I can definately see it... I know what I've gotta do,, but time is the real crunch.

10. I exercise regulary 5-7 days a week
    I only exercise a half hour to 45 mins
    My exercise consists of cardio or swimming

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    We always make time for the things really important to us.

-Mike

12. I used to have pro athlete aspirations... until I picked up this damn bass guitar and ruined my life.

I've dropped 25 pounds of muscle in the 3 years since I've been playing.

13. I do!

14. Ozzyman

Ozzyman

Jul 21, 2004
    Yes.
    I run about 3 miles a day, and I do 45min of lifting 5-7days a week.

15. Ozzyman

Ozzyman

Jul 21, 2004
    Yes.
    I run about 3 miles a day, and I do 45min of lifting 5-7days a week.
    I'm pretty athletic, but actually most of my free time is playing bass. I'm like obsessed with becoming the next big thing. It's probably not going to happen, but can't a man dream?

16. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I do.

17. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I used to, but there is no gym where I live and I hate jogging when it's dark and freezing. And it's hard when the ice is slippery.
    But I think I should start soon anyway.

18. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Exercise? umm.....What's that?

19. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    In the beginning of the semester I was going about an hour a day, stretching, lifting, and cardio. Now I'm barely active. I need to get into the groove again, I'm going to start up again soon, once school slows down.

20. I do weights 4 times and cardio 3 times a week. I really hate going for runs and using my exercise bike, but there ain't a better stress reliever than belting into a punching bag.

Leigh