Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DaftCat, Oct 18, 2005.

1. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb.

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

1 to move it to the Lighting section.

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section.

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

5 to flame the spell checkers.

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum.

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

5 people to hotlink to pictures of lightbulbs hosted on
    geocities.

6 people to complain about dead images.

3 people to tell them to right click the image and copy the URL into another window.

13 to read all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers, images and signatures, and add "I agree".

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?".

13 to say "do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

:bag:

Sorry if this is a repost.

DCat

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    You forgot:

1 Bruce Lindfield.

3. WHAT????

No one would say Jaco didn't need a light bulb?

Jaco could have changed the bulb better??

4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Jaco's lighbulb changing skills are vastly overated. I saw him do it once and it wasn't that great.

5. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    to complain there's no point in changing the light bulb, because it will eventually burn out anyway, and for only several thousand times the cost, you can replace your entire roof with skylights?

6. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    But Jaco only ever needed 4 light bulbs. How many do you have and what are you trying to compensate for?

7. :D

I don't know man....when he was in his prime he could change a bulb like nobody's business.

8. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    lmao, nice post. Sad thing is, most of it is true.

Don't forget those that swear by their Halogen bulbs ;)

9. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Yeah. And everybody on the oil lamp side of the forums are so snobby. They think anyone using electricity is a joke. And god help you if you don't know enough about the minutae of lamp theory.

:D

10. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Funny thread... :)

11. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Yea, I was all into the visible light spectrum when I started out, but I had a deeper inner vision and spent years working with manufacturers to develop a lamp ( ;) ) filament that produces cleanly into the ultraviolet spectrum. I've got a buddy working on the infra-red spectrum.

12. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    I don't need any lightbulbs, I went to night school...

Slug

13. DaRK_CaRNiVaL

DaRK_CaRNiVaL

Sep 13, 2005
    Australia
    That post really cracked me up :D

nice work.

14. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    [​IMG]

Yes, I did it.

15. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
  16. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
  17. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    He insisted on using a threadless light bulb...& the damn thing wouldn't stay in the socket.

18. The fact that it wouldn't stay in the socket only made for smoother, even more impressive changing.

19. The Highjacker. :ninja:

I had a calamari salad today. Does anyone know if the stuff on the bottom is supposed to be frozen? Mine was...

20. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Funny.

;)