Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How many of us...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by All_¥our_Bass, Jul 2, 2005.

1. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    ...have done covers of the same bassy songs?
    A few that come to mind

'Money'
    'One Of Thyese Days'
    'Another Brick In The Wall, Pt. 2'

2. 'Give it Away' (what my band won the talent show with.)

3. nasaldischarges

nasaldischarges

Jun 11, 2005
    lets just say that lucy in the sky with diamonds is bassy for now

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Are you asking how many bassists have covered songs with bass in them? :eyebrow:

5. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO

Um, yeah. Please, describe a "bassy" song for us. Do you mean where the bass is the forefront of the tune? (carries the song)

6. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    I'd say a bassy song would be something like "Hair" by Graham Central Station (Larry Graham). A personal favorite but one I can't imitate well.

Songs I like to cover that are "bassy" would be songs like I Wish - Stevie Wonder, A lot of things by RHCP (gotta love Flea), I Want You Back - Jackson 5, What's Going On? - Marvin Gaye, Stomp - Brothers Johnson, I Was Made To Love Her - Stevie Wonder, Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who, The Lemon Song - Led Zeppelin.

I like to dabble in a good variety of music. I always start at the roots first. Everyone else is just copying their style in some way. Might as well start with the best like Larry Graham, James Jamerson, and even JPJ and Entwhistle.

-Eric.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Then... uhm, all songs with bass are bassy.

So my vote goes for all songs.

8. YOU LOSE!!!!!

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Fine... I was lying... ok. I prefer bassless songs... it makes my job easier.

10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Which reminds me, when are we going to start that white stripes cover band?

11. ? Which of you will play the role of the crappy drummer and which will be the singer with the annoying voice?