How many of you guys have heard of David Goldflies?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by nortonrider, Feb 18, 2009.

1. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    I have heard his playing for years but have just recently "discovered" this Awesome player.

Man..., He can plain tear it up!!!
    I'm sure that you "old schoolers" are aware of this talent but how many of you guys that grew up in the age of Nintendo even know who he is?

32354.jpg .

[​IMG].

2. Yeh, I remember him playing with the Allman Bros. He was an awsome player. They only used him for 3? years. Have not heard anything about him in a while.

3. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules!

I exchanged emails with him about 10 years ago and again some months back. He's a very nice guy and a great bassist. He's one of my favorites with the Allman Bros. I loved that he played an Alembic with them. He's still making a living from playing music, which is great.
    http://www.goldfliesmusic.com/
    I play in an Allman Bros. tribute band and Berry Oakley remains a big influence to this day.
    This is us: http://allmanstepbrothers.com/

4. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    A friend of mine was Tech Director for the ABB during the time Rook was in the band. I got to work on stage for a few shows and help my friend with the keyboard and bass rigs. David was a great guy to hang with and he really inspired me to work on my playing skills. His uber-scary bass rig was a big influence on my later DIY gear building too.:cool:

5. jerry

jerry Too old for a hiptrip Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I dug his playing too! I was/am a fan of every bassist that was in the bass chair in the Allman Brothers, I stole from every one of them. There is a nice DVD from the period Rook was in the band, including a nice bass solo.

6. RickC

RickC Gold Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2005
    He also played on Black Betty! Thats not him on the album cover, but he is the bass player on that tune.

:bassist:

7. MtJam

MtJam

Jan 14, 2009
    Maryland
    I know who he is! Great playing with the ABB on his Alembic Series 1. I've seen that concert with him before; what song has the bass solo in it? I would like to look that up on Youtube.

8. outyonge

outyonge

Jun 4, 2012
    Man..., He can plain tear it up!!!
    I will do, thanks for replying.
    [​IMG]

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021