Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how many of you have a record contract?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by patrickroberts, Apr 17, 2001.

1. patrickroberts

patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
    How many of you on here play in bands with record deals?

2. yeah right
    but hopefully my band will after i send our demo to every label i know

3. fisk

fisk

Jan 3, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    I assume your not talking about 8 cd's for a penny? Somebody had to say it.

fisk "goin for the easy ones"

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well I have been in bands with record deals in the past - like with EMI in England. But I wouldn't do it again - they used our advance up in the recording, didn't promote the records and wouldn't let us do anything else for 2 years! It was a nightmare. I've posted a longer account in a previous thread about the same thing.

5. BassicRob

BassicRob

Mar 28, 2001
    Massapequa, NY
    I just got a phone call the other night asking me to be apart of a Ramones tribute CD on the same label as Intenal Bleeding (who I think may also appear on this recording), Olympic Recordings. We are doing 'Pet Cemetary,' cant wait to get the ball rolling!! :D

6. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    That Ramones tribute thing sounds very cool. The timing couldnt be better with the death of poor ol' Joey. Who said exploitation? Not me!

7. BassicRob

BassicRob

Mar 28, 2001
    Massapequa, NY
    Yeah Yeah, i know, but hey, I ain't complaining. Thats the reason I think its being put together. I would rather it be something else like Rush or Dream Theater, only because punk ain't my thing. But hey, like i said, I'm not complaining, its better than nothing.

Still not a contract though :( :p

8. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Oh you'll definately have a blast. Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

9. stroy05

stroy05 Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Fodera Basses, Noble Amps, Aguilar Amps, JHAudio Inears
    I have played in a Christan band that was signed by a label. The label promoted the record and did what they were supposed to do. Check them out. All the songs I played on. They have not recorded yet. The new bass player, Ryan, is really good as I am really good.

www.moriah.org