How many of you listen to rap as well as other genres?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Basschair, May 12, 2005.

1. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Just curious...please, no potty mouths.
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I love rap. I have since I was 10 or 11 years old. Heck, the first album I ever owned was 'doggystyle' by snoop dogg.
  3. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    *raises hand*

Not as much as I used to, but yeah. :)
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
  5. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    The Roots, AtQ, early Wu-Tang, Dizzee Rascal, some local stuff...
  6. Psyrcle

Psyrcle Guest

Anyone can "rap" but only Snoop Dogg and Cypress Hill should be allowed to. The Beastie Boys (who are okay, but still..meh!) put out the first rap cd to hit number 1 on the charts and that is THE reason we have an over population of

I loath rap in general. There is one guy who put out a song where the chorus is just rambling off perscription drugs that you can take to get Rap, In my very honest opinion, is the cause of urban decay. Hell, it's urban decay on a compact disc.
  7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

brad cook
  8. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Good points. Don't you think that there are rap "artists" that are constructive in their efforts?
  9. Did you mean "rap AS MUCH as other genres?

If so, no. But I do listen to rap.
  10. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I think that's a term that TB can do without.

brad cook
  11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Is it dark in that cave?
  12. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    i haven't heard anything i've really liked since whodini's "pickin' boogers"...

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I like rap, but not any of the gansta stuff...more like Digable Planets, Tribe Called Quest, etc. They incorporate a smooth jazzy feel to their stuff....nice head bobbin' grooves.
  14. discoboo

Dec 25, 2002
    charleston, sc
    i, too, listen to rap. not all that much but there is a time for it.
  15. Psyrcle

Psyrcle Guest

Because actually quoting takes too much time...

Don't you think that there are rap "artists" that are constructive in their efforts?
    Not really. Of all the rap I heard so little was original and pleasing. CH has this one album where they have these heavy git licks and that turned me on to them but they still arn't as constructive as say Avril (whom I think should get quartered for throwing the horns). All my friends listen to rap and the only good thing that came out (besides Snoop and CH) of it was the bass grooves.

I think that's a term that TB can do without.

We all think lots of things. It is a word reffering to a white person who acts like a gangsta. If you don't like it you have 2 eyes you may shut as you scroll past my message. I don't want to sound like a biatch but, comon, the english language is not something to cry about.

Is it dark in that cave?
    Just because the vast majority of people that listen to rap and act out the hideous **** they rap about are responsible for the vast majority of the hideous **** that happens in America means I live in a cave? Who in the devil do you think you are?
  16. i do listen to rap, not AS MUCH as say i listen to ska but yeah i do enjoy rap. the only problem is that i really don;t like listening to all these rappers talk about drugs, sex or violence and the was that women are portrayed in some rap videos. some rappers i do like are NAS, Sage Francis, and the stuff that has more social topics. example: sage francid makeshift patriot talks about how Americans after 9/11 all of a sudden became so patriotic and buying as many flags as they can to show how american they are.
  17. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Wow. Just, wow. Good luck in life.
  18. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Some... not all... don't care much for a lot of rap coming out in past few years... Not all of todays rap is bad... some is acctually pretty good stuff but mostly no... But then again its any type of music and any time... I just hate the bling bling crap... there is no lyrics there... "bling bling, everytime i come around bling bling" talking about pop...

its just illusion because we take 100 good bands that happen over 50 years... and then we look of 2 good bands that came out this year... and we see that 2 is much smaller then 100... when in fact 100 / 50 and 2 / 1 is a same number...

all types are good if music is good

19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I don't enjoy the current "gangsta" rap one bit. But hey, many people do. I figure I'm just too old.

I do like to get out my Kurtis Blow, MC Lyte, UTFO, LL Cool J, Young MC, Whodini, Kool Moe Dee, Big Daddy Kane, and Run DMC records and listen to them though. One of the first albums I bought was "Raising Hell" by DMC. I thought I was such a rebel.