Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How many of you shave?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by volumefiend, Aug 12, 2004.

1. How many of you shave? Can you shave? I don't grow facial hair...but the rest of me is moderately hairy. I WISH I could shave...I'd have a goatee. It'd look good!

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I shave everyday (clean shaven) - have had a goatee before, but I grew out of it :D

3. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I like my hairy chin, now only if it would stop growing long on both sides of it and START GROWING IN THE MIDDLE!

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    its a pain in the ass, but i get to keep my cool beard :cool:

5. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    My facial hair grows moderatly fast, and im thinking about growing out a gotee. I realized that shaving in the shower insn't such a pain in the ass, but nonetheless it still sucks.

6. I don't like goatees.

Nah.

I like beards (my homegroup teacher keeps a nice beard), nice mo's (Patrick the music teacher has had one since puberty, he tells me) and side burns (can you say Mike Palin? :D). The only really intricate bit of facial hair I've ever liked was the Prince of Persia's.

Personally, I'd rather wax than shave, but what can you do. :D

7. shave everyday too but just cause its not on your face doesn't mean you don't have to shave. :bag:

8. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    After a certain length dose a goatee become a beard, or is it just a long goatee?

9. Nup, just a long goatee. A beard is when it covers his whole chin area, and is attached to his sideburns.

I think. :p

10. Dan Molina

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    like pete townsend?

11. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    That's what I think, but, it seem interchangeable depending you you talk to; I get both. :D

12. Dan Molina

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    hehehe I like ones like this

13. Shave when nessicary. During the week I am only seen by family co-workers and maybe one friend, so I don't do much about it. But on the weekend, when I am seen by friends and stranges (who are where I go that weekend) I like to be nicely shaven. I think it just looks better. :cool:

14. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    i shave my underarms but wax everywhere else.

15. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I shave my face 3 times per week - I don't have too heavy a growth, and I don't like shaving. I have a goattee, so only have to do the easy bits!

I shave my head once a fortnight....but that frequency might increase to once a week! :)

16. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    By the way, what do you call this small blip of a beard underneath the lower lip? I'm afraid that's what my former proper beard has shrunk into..

17. Thats called a Soul Patch i believe.

I shave every second day. But i use waaaay too many products!!

18. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I COULD shave everyday, but I'm too lazy which gives me this permanent scruffy look...

19. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I get some minor growth if I don't shave every day and a half or so. I don't get a lot of facial hair yet and it only really started growing in the last few months or so (for most of the time before hand, I just had little ratstaches if I didn't shave my upper lip). It's the summer, and unless I'm leaving the house, my shaver stays in its little leather baggie thing. The hair around my neck grows annoyingly fast, so once I start school again I know I'll have to shave it every day. Eventually I'll try out some facial hair, but I had blonde hair (it's darkened a lot over the last 7 or 8 years to an almost brown except for certain parts). I'm not sure how my facial hair'd look if it was grown in...*shrug* My eyebrows are pretty dark. And apparently shapely -- I've been asked on more than one occasion whether or not I pluck :eyebrow: .

20. I like to run my fingers around in it.

.... wait.....

I would like to run my fingers around in it. :D