Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How many of you subscribe to a "look"?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Peter Squire, Aug 23, 2005.

1. For example:

Emo: Black dyed hair, eye-shadow, tattoos and earrings

Rock: Long hair, jeans, t-shirts etc

Jazz: Unique dress sense

Just wondering if you dress yourselves to match the music you play?

Discuss.

2. No. I'm usually naked.

Mike

3. Asda chic for me. ;) ;) ;) ;)

(That's Walmart for the American guys.)

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    This is not a good look. I apologise to all you guys.

5. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I have long hair, and I like to wear black, so could qualify me somewhere in the hardrock/metal/hippie section..

If you want to..

6. the music my band plays is so mixed and so is the way we dress. I have long hair, dress in designer fashions gucci/d&g/diesel/versace. Guitarist- bald fade- wal-mart jeans/rap style shirts. percussionist- straight from the hood ghetto look basically any thing that doesn't fit hairstyle varies from whiteboy fro-bald. singer- wears everybody elses clothes sometimes low-profile mo-hawk. back-up singer clothes from the floor and dreads very hippie. we are a funny looking group, but it all works well, and we really dress to fit our personalities. Except me, I only wear the good clothes for shows. Dress really cheap the rest ofthe time. Walmart/outlet stores. I think it's fun to wear $1000 worth of clothes. It may be/or actually is stupid but, I don't care what you think.

7. question Do you really have to wear girl poants to be emo?
    that's the rumor around Louisiana anyway.

8. Good luck? :meh: :confused:

9. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Yeah, I'm an English student aswell. D'oh.

10. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I'm a prog rocker, therefore I wear a Rick Wakeman cape, a Peter Gabriel fox head mask, and a Rush/2112-style kimono-thing.

The one Alex wears.

11. The core of my "look" is always consistent. Not really a fashionista at all. I'm a jeans and clunky shoe, big collar vintage shirt type. Works for me, never *really* goes out, and is serviceable enough that can pass as work wear in a pinch. But it's pushin it.

12. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    I just check the weekly Target circular and adjust my look accordingly.

Then wear Soccer (football) ((Futball)) jersey's on weekends.

13. ladros2

ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    Ireland
    Bum Look: Unshaven, Messy hair, hard rock cafe t shirt, jeans and old boots.

I am clean though.

14. Casual I guess:
    Short sleeve button down, Jeans

Sometimes I go Frat Guy:
    Strongbad hoody, camo shorts, Birkenstocks and a ball cap.

:bassist:

15. Ego

Ego

Jan 10, 2004
    it's not required, only recommended.

i've got loose-but-not-baggy jeans, skate shoes (once these wear out i'm switching to trainers so's i can parkour better), either concert or Obey Giant t-shirts... and awesome long, curly hair.

http://obeygiant.com <==obeygiant link
    http://urbanfreeflow.com <==parkour link

16. I play C&W, western swing, 50s & 60s rock, blues, R&B and jazz. I would probably wear cowboy boots, jeans, a "rodeo" shirt, a big buckle and hat, except that I find those things entirely impractical for playing. I don't want a belt buckle marking the back of my instruments, so I use a small buckle and shove it over to the left side. I wear a pullover "polo" shirt for the same reason, no buttons to mark the back of an instrument. Boots are too uncomfortable to stand in for hours, so I wear running shoes. I think hawaiian shirts look really good for bands, but I won't wear one because of the buttons. The other thing that has determined what I wear over the years is how smokey the venue is and how likely I am to get beer spilled on me. Clothes that do not absorb as much smoke and that clean easily also get my vote.

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

You too?!

brad cook

18. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Unfortunately, I subscribe to the 8-5 corporate America look. Ah, the things we do for $$$.

19. I've found that most of the trend-theme people (eg goth, metal, skater etc) usually end up at either a community college, a crappy college or no college at all, with some exceptions. They make fine contributions to our blue-collar work force.

Personally I dress to what might be called "casual". I usually wear Khacki or Linen pants with a collared shirt or well-fitting plain T-shirt.

20. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Just realize that your attire indicates that you are also one of the "trend-theme" people. We all wear costumes.