Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How many of you wear glasses,etc?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by lbanks, Jan 31, 2004.

1. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    This picture and a post at the Alembic forum made me wonder...how
    many of you wear glasses or contacts?
    [​IMG]

2. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    I wear sunglasses. Does that count?

[​IMG]

Actually, I'm blind as a bat. I have very thick contact lenses. :smug:

Chris A. :rolleyes: :bassist:

3. Malcom

Malcom

Oct 21, 2002
    The Midwest
    Glasses, right here.

4. Woodsey

Woodsey Guest

Yeh im a glasses man 2 :cool:

5. Around the house - glasses
    Out in the daytime - contacts and sunglasses
    Out in the eve - contacts

Wish I had good vision, glasses and contacts are a bit of a nuisance and even if I could afford Lasik, I might be to freaked out to actully go thru with the procedure. :meh:

:)

6. I wear glasses during my day job and wear contact lenses on nights and weekends.

7. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Sounds valid to me (with the contacts):). I tried contacts about 2 years ago, but I hated the feeling of nothing between "me" and the world.

8. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I wear glasses, but only because it's cool.

9. I wear glasses or contacts. Yeas we are a great bunch of four-eyes :D

10. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Count me in - bifocals - makes reading charts somewhat interesting at times.

11. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    If I didn't wear contacts, I would be a worthless human being.

12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I wear glasses.

I have considered contacts, but my eyes are very sensitive and I can't even stand putting drops in them, so I don't think I could handle contacts.

Besides, glasses are kind of 'my look'.

13. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I wear a contact in one eye. My friends think I should get a monacle, but I'm afraid of looking like Mr. Peanut or the Monopoly guy.

14. My vision is fine.

My hearing is another story :(

15. You may wish to reconsider trying contacts. I realize that all of us are unique individuals and my experiences are no guarantee that anyone else will have the same outcome, but I too have very sensitive eyes and thought that I would never be able to wear contacts. One day, at an eye exam, the optometrist asked if I'd like to demo a pair of lenses. I'm very near-sighted so the demo lenses were not even close to my prescription, but when he inserted the lenses, the whole world seemed to open up for me. I had never experienced peripheral vision like the contacts offered and I was hooked. I was now very motivated to wear contacts. But, after receiving my proper prescription, I found I easily endured the break-in period, which ended up being only a couple of days for me. That was over twenty years ago and I still wear contacts. Well, at fifty-four, I now have to occasionally wear reading glasses over the contacts, but that's not so unusual for my age.

16. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    FUnny, I've got the same situation...but I wear glasses, barely.
    I wanted to go the monocle route too.
    "Hoooooo-gan!"

17. unrealrocks

unrealrocks

Jan 8, 2004
    I normally wear nothing, I can see most things fine.

Although sometimes I do need to wear glasses (long range) and on stage I do as I like the look of em!

18. Blunk

Blunk

Aug 14, 2002
    I wear glasses alright, one cramped gig we played, my head (i'm 6ft 6) was about 4-5 inches from some very hot lights, i sweated so much my glasses fell off when i looked down to adjust my tone knob, but i caught them and kept playing - it got a cheer from the crowd so i didn't feel so embarassed :p

19. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    Glasses yea-wear them? I got them in 6th grade! one day of "4 eyes" and what not from the rest of the class. haha did not put them back on till I was in my 20's now I'm in my 30's and still don't wear them most of the time.