Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How many people have voted on a poll?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FOE_Bass, Jun 12, 2001.

1. Yes, I have voted on a poll before.

68 vote(s)
    97.1%
  2. No, I have never voted on a poll before, this is my first time.

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. FOE_Bass

FOE_Bass Guest

Jun 29, 2000
    Grass Valley, CA
    I'm just curious.

2. Oooooo... they're all gonna come a-runnin' to participate in this oh-so-sensible poll. Prepare yourself for the masses. :rolleyes:

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Well, I'm watching very keenly...

Will

4. Hmmmm... maybe there's more to this than meets the eye. Already (as I write this) there have been 25 views and 5 votes. That's not a bad draw!

Apologies, FOE bass. I'm just bored.

5. Come on guys TB is not a contest to see whose thread gets the most hits.
    By the way did you see my thread called Random Thoughts, I was expecting a bigger turn out and . . . :D

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

How about a poll to find out how many people are boycotting polls......!!!:rolleyes:

7. Why would you boycott a poll????

8. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    I don't think i could truthfully say I would boycot a poll. There have been a number of them that I don't even bother opening because the title says it all, such as "how often do you trim your nasal hair" and that sort of thing.

Apparently a number of our members find these kinds of polls entertaining. I really couldn't care less if someone starts this caliber of poll though. Nobody is forcing me to read them.

I believe that as the novelty wears off that we'll be seeing fewer and fewer of the silly ones

One mans poison as they say.

Pkr2

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah, I was expecting my Wu-tang names thread to have a bigger turnout too.

Come on, all of you people who haven't been to the Random Thoughts or What is your Wu-Tang Name threads come on down to Off Topic.:D

10. Bruce Lindfield

I'm sorry to hear about that - but we're very "inclusive" on TB - no matter what your physical deformity or how curious you are, we'll still accept you and make a joke of it. ;)

I am curious orange?

11. You know, how could you possibly put no?! because afterall aren't you voting in a POLL therefore you HAVE voted in a poll and the answer should be YES??

Who screams moron?

:D

Merls

12. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Uh, Merls, maybe you should check the options more carefully, Namely:

"No, I have never voted on a poll before, this is my first time."

If this is the first time they're voting on a Poll, then It's clear the answer should be "No".

"Who screams moron" indeed.

13. Bruce Lindfield

For pkr2 and Merlins' benefit, I will explain my "joke"! What I was saying was that we should have a poll asking who was "boycotting" or ignoring polls. The joke is that if they are, then they won't be looking at the poll or voting in it! ;)

14. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    i have voted on many polls

15. HEY! Where's the "No, and I never will" option?;)

16. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    this bites :)

17. M S E

18. A lot of people vote but they do not give a reason for their vote.:meh:

[​IMG]
    Treena

19. Bruce Lindfield

But not many people go to the effort of "dredging up" an obscure thread that hadn't been read for over two and a half years!! :eek:

Why!!
    :confused:

20. I vote if an option says my sentiments fairly accurately. But polls are sometimes worded in a twisted way that could enable the vote to be misconstrued. When that happens, I don't vote.