1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How many People Normally are "WATCHING" when You Sell a Bass on eBay?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Baird6869, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

I have a bass for sale on eBay currently and with 2 days left to go, I have 75 people watching it. Seems like a lot of people to me!

How many people do you normally have listed as "watching" when you sell a bass?

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    The last bass I had up at a very good price had 35 people watching and I received about 8 questions on. Not one bid :meh:

3. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

I have a bunch of questions (mostly about shipping) and it has hit my reserve so it will sell.:hyper:

It will be interesting to see how much this bass goes for. I figured $650-700, but I think it will go higher ultimately due to the interest. Already more than I paid for it used.:hyper:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190199952152&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D190199952152%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    A fretted Fender Jazz V under a grand is definitely going to get a lot of watchers, as a lot more folks can afford them and it's a very popular item. I wouldn't doubt if you get more than 90 watchers by the time the auction ends.