Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How many trick-o-treeters hath thy gateway seen tonight?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Oct 31, 2003.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    So, how many kids have you had calling round trick or treeting tonight? (note: if its not yet past trick or treet time at your location please hold back a while).

We've had 6 I think.

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

How are the yobs this year ???

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany

It's been imported by the retail industry to bolster their pre-Xmas sales. You only see it on certain TV channels, but not really in real life.

4. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    ..make that 7.

So far, no yobs. The local authority have actually passed a small bi law this year that prohibets shop keepers from selling eggs or flour to kids.:D

5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I saw a report that said the police are really cracking down this year.

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Not a one-this is our first year in this apartment complex (12 apartments per building), and I guess kids don't even bother because of the secured entrance. That's okay by me; I've been eating all the candy anyway.

7. me and my friend had eggs thrown at us(2 cars...the car came around our way twice) about 8-14 eggs thrown...missed us,all 8-14 times:)

really sad...

8. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Some of my friends wanted to go trick-or-treating tonight. I went along with them and slept in the back of the truck. I think they each got about five peaces of candy for about fourty-five minutes of walking. We then went home and ate all the candy that was already there.

9. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    We had Zero at my Apartment.. The kids were out and about.. but no one came to our door.. then I went to a Party at a Club.. it was extremely Crowded and Lame.. So now I am being Unlame by being back in my room browsing TB:D

10. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Ain't it so.. But anyways, I bought couple of cool glow-in-the-dark Jack stickers for my SWR monitors! :cool:

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I had 1 kid come to my house the entire night. (well, i was out..doing,.,..stuff, but my mom was home) and she said he was about 4 years.. and no parents were in sight. Weird.

12. None. But not that I was there to witness it, I was too busy at a No Use For A Name/Bigwig show. It was amazing, and then I drank beer.

13. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I actually had one! She said: "Trick, treat... or money!". What's the matter with kids today?

14. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    I went to a goth ball, and then to a pub and then clubbing.

Twas fantastic till 5am, then i exited said club and got cold.

15. Drewish

Drewish

Oct 4, 2003
    United States
    None; there is a rapist in my area so they canceled tricker treating. Good thing considering now I get to eat all of the candy :)

16. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I actually didn't eat any candy this halloween.

but I did dress up this year...as a robot, first I've dressed up in 2 years.

we are the only people in this building, so we didn't get any trick or treaters, and if we did we weren't here. :p